Jake Maddox

Jake Maddox, the captain of the football team, popular guy who everyone likes and who was hot. He was six foot two with messy, black hair and ocean blue eyes. He was beyond gorgeous and right now he hated me.

I needed to smooth this over quickly. I didn't need the 'lecture about guests'.  Maddie and Mikey would be here in a few hours so this gave me a chance to talk to Jake.

I went upstairs and softly knocked on the door. He opened the door and leaned against the door frame. God, he was hot.  Snap out of it, you're here to apologize not stare at the man, although I couldn't help it.  I tried to focus which was always hard with my petite height.

"Did you need something?" His husky, deep voice snapped me out my trance. When did his voice change?  Focus Marley.

"Um, yeah, I wanted to apologize for last night."

"You mean when you kneed me in the junk?"

My face started turning a shade of red. As his eyes bore into mine, I looked down at my feet fidgeting.

"Yes, for that," I replied sheepishly.

He took a deep breath, exhaling running his fingers through his hair. Then the next thing I knew he pulled me into his room closing the door. He walked towards me and I started backing up till my back hit the wall. He put one hand on the side of my head and leaned in and in a husky voice said, "You're forgiven."

My legs felt like jello. Ugh, this was a way to close for my liking.

"Do I make you nervous?"

"N-no."

He leaned into my ear fanning his breath on me, "Your body tells me otherwise."  His breath smelled like strawberries.  Now I wanted strawberries.

I quickly maneuvered away from him, "Not in this lifetime."  I left his room with confusion on his face.  Then a smile formed across his lips. He picked up his phone after that.

I walked back into my room satisfied with myself. I heard my phone vibrate. I had a new text.

Did you enjoy your coffee? - CV

Ah, Cupid.

Yes, I did. It was delicious. - M

So, how did it go with your new house guest?-CV

Okay.-M

That doesn't sound reassuring.-CV

Well, considering I apologize for what I did and he cornered me in his room alone. I would say it was fantastic.-M

Well, did he accept your apology?-CV

Well, yeah, he did.-M

Good, I'm sure it will be fine. But I got to go, ttys.-CV

I got a question.-M

What's that?-CV

When will I meet you?-M

In due time sweetie, in due time.-CV

With that, he was gone. I had asked before but he always brushed it off. Oh well, one of these days I would meet the infamous Cupid Valentine.

Maddison and Mikey stopped by and we hung out catching up on everything that's happened since I was gone. We were on Mikey's latest conquest when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see none other than Jake leaning next to my door frame.  My eyes narrowed at him.

Mikey got up and walked over to him giving him a bro hug. I forgot they were friends and teammates.

"I didn't know you were staying here," Mikey mentioned.

"Yeah, dad is out of town so I got shuffled to someone's house till he comes back."

"Ready for a great season?"

"Yeah, the coach called. He wants the guys down at the school."

Mikey looked at his phone, "Shit. My phone must have been off. Ladies I got to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow at school."

We waved goodbye to Mikey and before Jake left, he gave me a smirk and I return a glare.

Maddison looked at me after looking at him, "What was that?"

"Let's just say I found out my crush is a big ass."

"Well, he does have a cute ass."

"Madison!"

"I'm just saying he has a nice butt," she shrugged.  I threw some popcorn at her and she shrugged.

Madison left and I lay on my bed. I wonder if Cupid was busy. I opened my phone and started a new message.

I'm bored. - M

I waited, but nothing. Usually, Cupid responds quickly. So I sent another.

Guess you're busy :(.-M

Damn, I was sounding like a pathetic clingy girlfriend.  I don't even know what he looked like for crying out loud. First, I have to deal with a jackass, now I get to deal with being ignored.

I tossed my phone on the bed and went downstairs. As I left the room, I didn't notice my phone light up with a new message.

                               *****
Cupid Valentine

I saw the messages and read both; kicking myself. She must think I'm ignoring her. I quickly text back before getting back to what I was doing. I dropped my phone in my bag and carried on.

                              *****

After binging on episodes of The Vampire Diaries, which I'm still teaming Stefan, I made my way up to bed. Tomorrow was the first day of school and senior year. After getting ready for bed, I picked up my phone and found a new message waiting for me.  I looked at the time and realized it was right after my last message.

I was getting ready to respond when I heard someone clunking up the stairs in cleats. I stuck my head out to see Jake dirty and sweaty. They must have had their first practice. I closed my door and went back to bed. I picked up my phone read the text.

Sorry I was in the middle of something. - CV

Now I felt horrible for acting like the clingy girlfriend.

It's okay. - M

No, it's not. Don't want you to think I'm blowing you off. - CV

I smiled.

You said you go to Banksend High school, right? - M

Yep. - CV

So, I guess we'll finally meet then?-M

At some point, yes, but tomorrow will be hectic.-CV

You're not cat-fishing me, were you?-M

Lol, no, I can assure you I'm male and in high school.-CV

Well, it's been almost four years. I just would like to see what you look like.-M

Would it make a difference?  I would rather get to know someone for who they are and not based on looks.-CV

Never thought about it that way.-M

Trust me when the time's right, we will meet.  Good night, beautiful.-CV

Night.-M

I turned off my phone and went to sleep.

                             *****
Cupid Valentine

I look at our messages and really hoped she saw me deeper than looks. Over the years, I got to know her I got to know how beautiful she was.  She had a beautiful heart. With every letter and text, I found myself, feeling deeply for her. I know she wanted to meet me face to face and I really want to tell her who I was, I was just worried when she did find out she would change her mind.

I guess it was a chance I would have to take for love. Who would guess Cupid himself would need help with love?