Chapter 20

"Isaac won't let you." I argue against Mark's orders but he doesn't care.

"If Isaac wants to stay in this pack as well, he will let you." He says and I glare at him even harder.

"Then let him come along." I suggest hoping for some compromise but he shakes his head.

"I'm not risking anymore lives of my wolves." He says and I hear Gabriel scoff beside me.

"Thanks for the love Marcus we'll be back by morning." He says and grabs my arm making us leave the room before Mark can say anything.

"I'm not going out there again. You got lucky the first time around him, he won't let me go again that easy." I say but Gabriel ignores me.

We head downstairs quietly and my chest aches slightly at the sight of Isaac playing with Crystal's sons.

"Use your gift. Otherwise he'll try to follow you." Gabriel whispers in my ear and Isaac looks over and smiles at me.

"I can't it's not right." I whisper back but Gabriel slightly pushes toward Isaac who is now walking over to me.

"Everything okay? You look upset?" He places his hand on my upper arm and the moment I feel its warmth I want his arms around me.

"Isaac. Mark wants me to go with Gabriel." I say with my head down and I hear his heartbeat quicken.

"What? No he could be out there. I'm not letting you-" he stops when I lift my head making direct eye contact with him. I'm in complete control of his thoughts and emotions, a trick Desiderius taught me, something he probably used on me.

"I'm leaving. You're staying here tonight. I'll be back in the morning." I say and the glazed look in his eyes hurts me even more and he nods agreeing with what I'm saying.

"I love you Isaac." I say and he only nods his head.

"Go play with the boys, everything will be fine." I say and break my hold on him, he straightens himself and gives me a small smile before turning around and walking towards Crystal and her sons, she looks at me and nods her head understanding.

"You did the right thing." Gabriel says and I shove past him and go outside immediately.

"Ada.." he calls my name and I wipe away a tear going down my cheek.

"Let's get this over with. Call Io we need her." I turn around but Gabriel won't meet my eyes.

"I've been trying to call her all day, she won't come." He says and I feel a little annoyed.

"What's the point of having her around if she won't come when called?" I yell and he just shrugs.

"She'll come when I'm in danger." He says and starts walking towards the woods.

"Where are you going? I already caught his scent in the other direction." I say annoyed but he just scoffs and continues walking the other way.

"Gabriel!" I yell and run after him only for him to start running as well.

"Stop it!" I catch him and pull him back by his forearm.

"Why are you running? We're supposed to be working together. I don't want to be out all night." I say and he turns around and the hurt look in his eyes catches me by surprise.

"I love you." He says and I let go of him immediately.

"Don't start this again. Please Gabriel." He steps towards lifting his hand to touch my cheek by I step back.

"Ada." He says more sternly but I keep backing away from him.

"Ada!" He yells this time and I feel someone's hand wrap around my neck tight and I gasp trying to get free. Gabriel wastes no time and get the hand off immediately and I turn around to see a young black man with blood running down his shirt growling viciously at Gabriel. Gabriel locks him in a choke hold and I hear the loud snap of his neck breaking.