Chapter 23

Isaac.

He lays me gently into his bed. My skin is still burning.

Isaac.

He runs like mad shutting all the curtains not letting a single beam of light into the room.

Isaac.

His name echoes around my head like music, his shoulders heave up and down as he breathes heavily and when he turns around I notice the tears that have fallen from his eyes and now stain his cheeks.

"Your lip...its cut..your skin." He whispers to himself. I cross my arms across my stomach and lay against the wooden headboard feeling a little better but he leaves the room anyways without saying anything.

My eyes roll over the familiar room, have I been here before? Did they keep me here? I slowly stand and walk towards a door which if I'm right will lead me to the bathroom. I turn the handle down and sure enough I'm right. My hand finds the switch and the light flickers on brightly and slightly burns my eyes but once they adjust my eyes land directly on my own as I face the mirror. There is a small cut on my lip as well as dirt sticking to my arms and clothes, mainly around my singed skin from where the sun touched it.

"Ada?!" I hear Isaac slightly raise his voice when he walks into the bedroom, I turn around to see him walk into the bathroom with a tall empty glass and a bag of blood that reads o-negative.

"Why can't I feed from you?" I ask confused thinking that would be much easier and he looks me strangely for a moment before handing me the bag.

"My blood makes you sick, because I'm your mate. Remember?" He asks and I hesitate before nodding my head. Don't believe what he says. Like Desiderius said, I cannot believe anything he says.

"I brought you a glass just in case.."I ignore him as I extend my fangs and rip open a hole big enough for me to drink from and I start gulping it immediately, it's cold and kind of tasteless but it soothes the burn in my throat immediately and I feel the pain around my arms slowly disappear. I squeeze out the last drop from the empty bag and lick away any remaining drops around my mouth.

"I guess you won't be needing it." He chuckles and grabs the bag away from me and throws it away and sets the glass on the counter.

"Did you..want to sleep?" He asks and I shake my head. I didn't feel like ruining that bed with my dirt covered clothes. My eyes wander to the tub and then back to the Isaac.

"Yeah..you can get cleaned up I'll find you some clothes and-" my hand involuntarily reaches out to grab his and stops him from leaving the room.

"Stay." Is the only word that escapes my mouth, I don't know why I want him to. I feel comfortable with him. This could even be the best way to gain his trust, Desi would be proud.

"It's okay. I'm here." He says sweetly and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear. He takes a step forward and places a gentle kiss on my forehead that sends a small pulse of heat down my face for a moment but it disappears immediately.

He walks behind me, turns on the water to fill the tub and even starts pouring in different oils that smell so good I can't help but close my eyes to enjoy them even more. But my eyes open immediately when I feel Isaac towering over me with a small smile on his face. He raises his hand and slowly drags his knuckles down my cheek and then onto my shoulder and arm before his fingers flicker across my waist and onto the button of my jeans. His movements are gentle, not needy at all, but compassionate and careful as if my entire body were made of glass. He undoes my jeans and I step out of them slowly and let my underwear  fall down with them as well. He slowly lifts my shirt over my head and sees I wasn't wearing anything underneath which causes a troublesome look to come over his face.