Chapter 18

Isaac's POV

"You look like shit." Gabriel's loud voice snaps me out of my sleep and I nearly fall out of the chair I'm sitting in that I dragged across the room to watch Ada.

"I thought the point of having such a large bed was to be able to share it with another person." He laughs and I growl at him.

"Shut up you'll wake her." I warn him and he rolls his eyes taking a step closer.

"Ada!!!" He yells making me stand on my feet furious that he would dare wake her.

"I've watched her sleep for decades she'll wake up when the sun goes down." He says but I still remain angry.

"Why aren't you in bed with your mate?" He says placing emphasis on the word mate with such a bitter tone.

"She has no heartbeat. She doesn't breath. The only way I can tell she's alive is when her eyes move in her sleep." I say reliving the long night of worrying I had.

"Newsflash Isaac she's dead." He jokes and I glare at him. He walks over and pats my back and then scratches underneath my chin, I move my head away from his touch and leave my eyes on Ada.

"You need a shave my friend."he jokes again but I ignore him and stare at the beautiful corpse in my bed.

"She was alive. She loved being alive so much." I say sadly and see her lip twitch for a moment.

"She spent centuries in the dark. She only cared for one person who absolutely despised her. Then she was given life and you all at once, of course she loved being alive." Gabriel says sadly and I ignore the longing look in his eyes as he stares at her.

"Come on" I lead him outside the room and shut the door quietly behind me.

"Why are you here?" I ask running a hand through my hair and slightly stretching.

"Your mother. She can't be held back for long. Her son is missing for weeks and now he's back she still hasn't seen you for almost 2 days. She's a feisty woman." He smiles and I sigh.

"I wouldn't know what to say. How to explain Ada. My brothers..." My throat goes dry thinking about them and the amount of guilt building in my stomach makes me want to throw up.

"See your mother pup. I'll watch the girl." He says and I growl at him not trusting the way he looks at her.

"I've already saved her from Desiderius once. You already know she's completely yours after what Io did,now she won't even look twice at me. Trust me." He says and I nod my head and go back inside the bedroom to shower and shave. However when I finish and open the bathroom door I forget I had the windows open and the moment the ray of light meets Ada's exposed arm she hisses and runs to the darkest part of the bedroom. I shut the door immediately but she continues to growl at me.

"Ada I'm sorry I-" she rushes from across the room and stands in front of me placing her arms on my shoulders.

"You're leaving?" She says quietly and tilts her head, her eyes flash a bright blue for a moment and I nod my head and lower her arms to her side so I can get dressed.

"I have to see my mother." I say putting on a pair of boxers and I hear Ada get back in bed.

"Will you tell her about me?" She says and stretches making her shirt ride up on purpose and I try my best to fit my jeans over my excitement.

"Of course I will." I turn around just as I put my shirt on and see she's trying her best to stay awake and talk to me. I crawl on top of her and kiss her forehead.