Chapter 14

I couldn't help it, I slept through the day for centuries and when I feel the sun up my body works for itself and I must have fallen asleep in Isaac's arms. When I wake up I see the moon shining brightly and I'm in a bed that smells exactly like Isaac, that dog smell, I've actually grown to like it coming off of him.

"It's all coming true..." I feel the familiar warmth building in my eyes again and Isaac dabs at my eyes with a tissue.

"What is?" He asks and I notice he's a brought a chair up to my side of the bed just to watch me carefully.

I groan as my head pounds painfully and those memories rip their way back into my head, the old woman. She knew Isaac would come for me. But what about Desi? My family. I had a family.

"You've been crying in your sleep all day." He says and dabs at my eyes again, my throat is burning more than before because of all the blood I'm losing with my stupid tears.

Why would I sleep during the day? I had chores to do I needed to help my mother!

"Where's my mother is she mad at me?" I ask sitting up but look at the strange room I'm in, practically fit for a king.

"Ada.." the man at my side says worryingly and I scream as the pain returns to my head.

"Isaac!" He gets up and finally gets in bed with me, laying me on top of his body and holding me tight,his warmth distracts me from the pain in my head.

"Ada....Ada. That's what my name was." I say and Isaac rubs my back soothingly.

"That's still your name Ada relax. Who did this to you? To your memories?" He asks sounding angry and I whimper when memories of Desiderius come back to my head.

"He must have....he's a monster." I cry reliving all the abuse he put me through and saw it as his way of loving me.

"Shh it's okay don't cry" he says and I apologize for letting my tears stain the shirt he wears. I can't let him keep seeing me like this, I look pathetic. Before Isaac can even realize it I'm off his body and in the bathroom washing the blood around my eyes.

"Jesus. Rebecca said vampires were fast, but I didn't think it was that fast." I hear Isaac say in the door way of the bathroom.

"Get used to it then wolf." I say and once again use my speed to place a kiss on his cheek before laying back in his bed. He turns around just as I find a comfortable spot to lay in.

He shakes his head and laughs and I watch as he takes his shirt off to find a new one to put on.

"Come here wolf." I say extending my arms before he can put a new one on. He gently lays over me and I trail my fingers slowly down the 3 scars, they feel so rough compared to the smoothness of the skin around it. He grabs my wrist and I realize my hand trailed dangerously low to the top of his jeans. I smile mischievously at him but his chest just rumbles with a low growl.

"What's wrong? You don't want to play?" I ask and he looks at me for a moment as if he thinks I'm lying.

"What happened here?" I ask letting my fingers trail the scars again.

"A few years ago I had to protect Crystal from a rogue and he got the upper hand and left me with something to remember how young and stupid I was." He says and I can't stop myself from trailing them up and down, they make him appear like a true warrior.

"I suppose she rewarded you for that." I say mischievously but he doesn't take it that way and growls loudly.

"Those thoughts I had for her are nothing compared to how I think about you. You're my mate." He growls and I see the brown in his eyes turning black. I decided to push his buttons even more just for the hell of it.