Chapter 28

Mark and I reach the pack prison immediately and see Gabriel standing outside perfectly fine talking to another guard. We shift back and he finally notices us and tosses us two pairs of shorts kept outside the doors.

"What's happened?" He asks concerned.

"There's been a betrayal within the pack. 3 men have been turned into vampire wolf hybrids and are now loose on the south side of the pack, there may be more." Mark says and my thoughts wander to my mother for a moment and I try to reach her but I'm met with silence, I try my best to suppress my fears when I remember Ada.

"The hospital is on the south side of the pack, Ada is there. They could go after her." I say and Mark nods his head and looks at Gabriel.

"Call more wolves here. Only men you can trust we can't risk an-" Mark grunts as the guard by his side grabs his neck hard and squeezes.

"You won't win Alpha." He snarls extending his fangs and his eyes flash the same color as the other hybrids. Just as I was about to fight him back, Gabriel surprises us all but digging his hand straight through the wolf's back and pulling out his heart making him lose his grip on Mark and crumble to the ground dead. Gabriel tosses his heart next to his head and shakes the remaining blood of his hand.

"He was one of the men who went and captured Desiderius. Do you think they were the only ones who were turned?" Gabriel says as Mark rubs his neck and nods his head.

"I'll stay here until those extra men come then. We have to make it till morning at least, they'll be coming for Desiderius I just know it." Mark says and then looks over at me.

"Isaac send a message to all the wolves in the south perimeter, tell them to retreat and begin evacuating everyone from the hospital and the families on that side to the north pack house." He says and I nod my head and start running away immediately.

"Your pack comes first Isaac!" He yells again reminding me but I just keep running faster. I stop only for a moment to take the shorts off and shift and to run even faster and send my message out. Everyone needs to act quickly, god knows where these hybrids could be hiding or what they plan to do.

Once I see the hospital in my sight I notice Selene is running towards it as well and her hands are covered in blood.

"Selene!" I shift and yell at her and she stops immediately and runs towards me, I slip on the shorts quickly.

"What's wrong? Your hands?" We both look down at them and she just shakes her head.

"I was in the hospital with my mother when I heard screaming, there was an attack and I was helping to evacuate." She says trying to catch her breath when we hear panicked yelling coming from the hospital.

"Come on we have to help" I say and we start running together.

The entire front of the hospital is mess,  people are being carried out by their blankets instead of their beds while dozens of wolves stand surrounding the hospital and people volunteer their cars just to move patients faster. I start running upstairs when I notice Jeremy pacing across a hallway.

"Jeremy!" I yell at him and he looks at me and a wave of relief washes over him.

"What are you doing standing here? You need to get Rebecca and your son and leave now!" I yell at him but he shakes his head.

"There was complications with pregnancy. Rebecca is too weak to move right now and all the doctors are too busy helping other patients. I can't take them both." He says and Selene takes a step forward.

"Stay with Rebecca until she can be moved. I'll have your son taken to the northern hospital in seconds, he'll be safe I swear." Selene says and Jeremy stares at her for a moment before nodding his head and she starts running down the hall with him.