Chapter 16

"It's unknown when he became a vampire, but only that my family has been hunting him since the 1200s. And in the time they watched him they found out he had created 3 immortals with his blood. You, Gabriel and some unknown he kept well hidden. He has the power to manipulate memories as well as force feelings that don't exist to come from someone. For example he could make you madly in love with him and decide to leave you while not undoing his power." She says and I notice Gabriel clench his fists at that last sentence.

"And his weaknesses?" Mark asks Rebecca as she sighs and looks like she's trying to remember.

"There was this name. Or a saying. I can't remember it seemed so strange. It was two letters and it was said that this force had absolute control over him and gave him whatever he wanted." She says.

"Io." Gabriel says and this time I see fear in his face.

"That was it!" Rebecca exclaims and Gabriel shakes his head.

"Io is not some force. She's a witch. I'm surprised that there are any texts written about her. She won't like that at all just like she won't like me talking about her." He sighs running a hand through his hair.

"I haven't seen her in years. Only Desiderius knows how to call her." Gabriel says and Rebecca looks worried.

"You have to know. The book says it's the only thing strong enough to defeat him." She says and Jeremy rubs her shoulder as she holds her stomach protectively.

"Rebecca...does that book mention anything else about his companions? Like their past?" I say slightly scared of the answer. She nods her head and if my heart could beat I'm sure it would skip a beat right there at the shock. I notice Gabriel look at her angrily and her cheeks blush embarrassed.

"What was my name Rebecca? I never knew my full name tell me." I beg her almost wanting to stand and shake the answer out of her.

"Warren. Ada Warren. You were born into a small town outside of Massachusetts that Desiderius burned to the ground..." She looks over at Gabriel who keeps his face blank.

"We can't call Io. She's more powerful than him. Even if we could call her..there's no guarantee she'll leave us alone or even help us." Gabriel says and I growl at him. He growls back and I stand up ready to rip his god damn throat out. Images of flames are going through my head and I swear I can hear the old woman's voice in my head again, I groan as my head aches again.

"Ada..." Isaac stands and tries to grab my hand again but I hiss at him and pretty soon both Jeremy and Mark are standing in front of their mates ready to attack me.

"You think I feel threatened by you...I could kill everyone in this room in seconds and feel nothing!" I exclaim and Gabriel takes a step towards me, I notice the way his hand moves and I take a step back.

"Ada...you know what I can do. You need to sit down. We need you to help kill him." He says calmly and I feel my eyes getting warm again. I do as he says and sit closer to Isaac, he puts his hand on shoulder and the warmth comforts me, I never realized just how much I hated my cold skin. I craved to be warm again, to feel the sun on my skin. I want to be human.

"It's late...we should all rest now." Crystal says looking between everyone in the room who seems on edge and very irritated. I can feel Isaac's eyes on me while I look closely at Gabriel, my old friend. I should have run away with him all those years ago. He said he could be immortal once more, maybe we could spend eternity together. Gabriel nods his head and doesn't even glance my way as he leaves the room, if my heart could beat it would break at how he feels toward me.

"Let's go." Isaac grabs my hand again and I hold it tight somehow wishing the warmth could transferred onto my own hand but I remain cold.. We leave in silence just like Gabriel and I outrun Isaac in order to reach his house quicker and stand in the middle of his room just looking around. I've been alone for a hundred years waiting for Desi....what I wouldn't give to be alone for another hundred years now. I longed to feeling something towards Isaac but I just can't, all I feel is his warmth and nothing else.