Chapter 13

"Good god what's happened to you?" He gasps walking towards me. Isaac growls and pushes me behind him again.

"Isaac don't." I say and stand in front of him, his head snaps in my direction with a very unhappy look.

"How do you know him?" He asks and I look at Gabriel who looks between us.

"He's a friend..." I say and Gabriel scoffs. He hasn't changed at all.

"Gabriel exactly when did you trade your soul for immortality?" Mark asks but Gabriel doesn't look at him, he keeps his eyes me.

"I was a werewolf in the 1500s, I sold my soul then and met Ada in the 1700s, her maker was a friend of mine." He says and I see the anger in his eyes.

"Gabriel please...that's ancient history." I say and he scoffs again.

"She reminded me of someone I had lost. I tried stealing her from him but she didn't love me back." He says and I lower my head in shame remembering how heartbroken I left him.

"Your eyes. What happened to you?" I ask and he looks over at Crystal.

"A small sacrifice to save Ms. Deveraux's life." He says and my eyes widen hearing the name. He looks at me and nods understanding.

"What is it?" Isaac asks me but I can't find the words to talk to him.

"You all know me as Gabriel of course. Just Gabriel. But when I met Ada. She knew me by a different name. Gabriel Devereaux." He says and Crystal's eyes widen, even she didn't know.

Gabriel's eyes are still on me, "Turns out I had a son. Desi was right." He says and I see a deep sadness in his eyes.

"We're related?" Crystal says and he nods his head.

"Really it was the only reason I decided to give up my life for yours." He says I realize that his eyes are two different colors,just like hers. Mark growls loudly as he says that.

"Where is Desi? Did he give you that old bullshit speech about how you needed time apart?" Gabriel laughs and I nod my head.

"He left you. Of course he would leave something so amazing." His eyes are getting glassy and Isaac growls at him.

"She'll never belong to you. He really doesn't like sharing. That mark will mean nothing to him. He'll just cover it up with his own. Just wait...just wait" Gabriel says and starts to leave.

I want to chase after him but Isaac stops me. "Is your maker coming here?" He asks me and I feel everyone's eyes on me. I'm a liar. I unintentionally placed everyone here in danger. I nod my head and feel tears threatening to escape my eyes. This is too much to handle for one day I almost want to faint.

"Now we'll have to triple our security around the pack border." Mark says and I feel Isaac wrap his arms around me.

"I'm sorry" I sob onto Isaac's chest and he holds me tighter and kisses the top of my head.

"Mark. I have to go. I need time with her please. Just tell my mom. She'll understand." Isaac says and begins to lead me away.

"Where are we going?" I ask wiping away my own tears.

"My house." He sounds so angry.

"What? Are you mad about Gabriel?" I ask and he grows lowly.

"What exactly is the relationship between you and him and your maker as well?" He asks and I see his eyes darkening again.

"I loved them both.." I say and he growls again, it's starting to piss me off.

"What? You want to tell me you're a virgin?" I ask and the anger in his eyes looks shameful now.

"Mark is right. I should not be your mate. I'm too old for you." I laugh feeling differently now less pathetic. I almost feel like my old self again, cold and cruel.

"Ada what's wrong with you?" Isaac ask and grabs my arm.

"You're getting cold." He says and I pull my arm away from him immediately. My throat is starting to burn again. Could the effects be wearing off?

"Ada stop this now!" Isaac growls at me and I laugh at him. I eye the vein on his neck begging to be drained.

"Ugh" I gasp as I feel my stomach churning and I fall to my knees. I try taking deep breaths but nothing comes in or out.

"Isaac"I cry and look at the sun, its beginning to blind me, I can barely keep my eyes open. It's wearing off....I should be happy. I'll be myself again. I don't need this wolf. I can leave and find Desi. I can...my thoughts stop when I see the worried look in Isaac's eyes. He's saying something but I can barely hear him. Desi never looked at me like this.

"Isaac...i need to get out of the sun." I groan feeling an uncomfortable sting on my face. He nods his head and immediately picks me up and starts running until we reach his home. He lays me on his couch and starts shutting all the curtains not letting one ray of light inside.

"What's happening to you?" His eyes look glassy and I feel his mark on my neck starting to burn. It's healing.

"It didn't last, that cure...it'll never work." I say and feel my own heartbeat beginning to slow down. I groan clenching at the cushions around me as I feel it painfully stop and my senses are restored.

"My mark..." Isaac says quietly and I rub my neck feeling nothing.

That burn in my throat returns, that comfortable coldness returns to my skin and I watch as my hands fade to a deadly pale look and the scratches heal on them. I feel warm tears filling my eyes as I realize I've become a monster once more and those memories threaten to spill into my head and this time I don't fight them.