Chapter 30

The rain is beginning to slow down now, there's a cool breeze that rustles the trees around us into my favorite symphony of sounds from the forest. It's not a perfect day but I'm sure she would have liked it no matter what. I set the shovel down and feel a cold hand entwine their fingers with my own.

I look back at Ada and smile when she stands closer to my side and we look down at my mother's grave.

"She would have liked it here. Buried next my father and my brothers." I say and look down at the small mound of dirt.

"She would have loved it Isaac." Ada squeezes my hand gently and I nod my head. It's been four days filled with burials of all the wolves we've lost including the proper burials of the hybrids done by their families. Desiderius was left by the decision of both Ada and Selene to burn in the sun. Meanwhile Io was burned by her daughter and Gabriel deep into the forest and her ashes reshaped into a necklace now worn by Selene. Also as a sort of gift, Selene restored his immortality in order to continue to protect the pack.

When I first woke up after the fight I wasn't mad at Ada for turning me into a hybrid. I was just happy that she loved me again, that she was okay. But then the reality of our situation began to hit me, I was immortal. I would watch my friends grow old and die. I would watch their children have children of their own and die. Meanwhile I would remain the same, the last of my name, I would never have children and I would never grow old.

Ada squeezes my hand again and I turn and face her. I look into her beautiful green eyes and she slowly smiles making my heart flutter and I place a gentle kiss on her forehead. For the next eternity I wouldn't mind missing out on all of that, because then I would have lost Ada. And there was nothing I wanted more than to spend forever with her.

"We're the same now. You could beat me in a fight if you wanted to." She teases and I chuckle and hold her tight.

"I could beat you in a fight no matter what." I say and she growls playfully and tries to escape but I hold her tight.

"I might even be stronger than you now." I tease and she laughs and wiggles her way out of my arms and begins running through the woods. I look down at my mother's grave and smile sadly down at her.

"I'll visit soon mom." I say and run after Ada. My vision is much better at night now and I'm definitely way faster than I ever was. I find Ada immediately, I'll never lose her scent again. She's leaning against a tree and biting her lip and giggling as she watches me walk towards her and run my fingers down her arms.

"Don't run away from me." I say and kiss her lips.

"I'll never leave. You're stuck with me forever." She smiles and I smile back.

"And where are we going to spend forever?" I ask raising an eyebrow and she shrugs wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Anywhere. Paris. Egypt. Milan. I want you to see everything." She says placing her hand on my cheek.

"Then we'll see everything." I smile kissing her again and feeling like the luckiest man alive.

PLEASE READ. IMPORTANT MESSAGE BELOW.

First of all a huge thank you to all my readers and I really hope you enjoyed this book in my series. And for all you die hard fans, THERE WILL BE A FOURTH BOOK. The plot focusing on Mark's twin sons as teenagers which I hope you enjoy just as much and will be published next week. Please vote and comment what you think for this chapter :)