Chapter 24

When I wake up I feel that familiar burn in my throat and by how well rested I feel , I assume the sun has gone down. I look beside me and see Isaac sleeping peacefully, he doesn't even move when I leave the bed which I'm grateful for.

I pull back his bedroom curtain and see that night has fallen over the somewhat calm pack and I take a deep inhale smelling the different scents in his home until I find one in particular that I'm drawn too,blood.

I slowly open his bedroom door and without a sound I speed to his kitchen in seconds and open the fridge where sure enough there are four more bags labeled with different blood types. I pick up one and feel the cold liquid jiggle in my palm and I almost lose my appetite, I have to eat. If I dont I'll start bleeding from my nose and ears. I dig through his cupboards and find a long glass and set it on the counter before tearing open the blood bag and pouring it inside the glass. After heating it up in the microwave for a few minutes and taking a sip I find that it's okay to eat but still not as good as biting into someone's vein.

Which just as I imagine how good it would feel to bite into Isaac's neck and end this all now I hear someone behind me. In seconds I set the glass back down and press my arm into the neck of the intruder and slam them hard against the other side of the room and extend my fangs ready to rip their throat out.

"God dammit Ada!" Gabriel says strained and pushes my arm away immediately.

"I'm...sorry. I-" I can't remember the last time I saw Gabriel, it doesn't feel that long ago but I can't seem to remember.

"Isaac told me you made your way back. It's understandable that you would be a bit jumpy." He says and straightens his shirt.

"Ada!?" Isaac shouts as he runs into the room and looks between us worried.

"It's alright I just scared her by accident." Gabriel says and looks down as Isaac places a kiss on my forehead and rubs my arms concerned.

"You should have told me you were coming." Isaac says and looks back at Gabriel who just shrugs.

"We need you both to come to the pack prison and take a look at the wolves Desiderius turned. If there's a way that Ada might help them." Gabriel says looking over at me and I already hear Desiderius in my head going over exactly what would happen once I came back.

They might bring you before the wolves I've turned. They can't know there is no way to change them back and they can't be killed. Tell them I must be caught to change them, do your best to make them believe you.

I close my eyes remembering his words before looking up at Gabriel and Isaac and nodding my head.

20 minutes later I scrunch my nose in disgust as we walk down into the prison of this practically filled to the ceiling with rogues, most of them looking like they've been here for awhile.

"Shouldn't all rogues be given death sentences?" I ask looking down at the men who look at me with curiosity since they are unsure of what I am.

"Based on their crimes yes. Most of the rogues here are serving sentences or are waiting to be transferred to another pack to be sentenced." Isaac says and puts his hand on my lower back protectively. We finally reach the very end where four male wolves sit glaring at the man standing in front of their cell, but all their eyes land on me when I come into their view.

"Alpha" both Gabriel and Isaac say at the same time and the man nods his head at them before looking over at me. He's the Alpha. Desiderius told me about him...his name is Mark.

"I'm glad your back Ada. I apologize for putting you in danger." He bows his head and I just nod my head not knowing what he did that put me in danger, I look over at the wolves in the cell who have smirks on their faces as they look at me. Do they know about Desiderius' plan?