Chapter 36

Violet 

I sensed a face staring at me when I turned onto my side so when I cracked my eyes open, two chocolate brown ones stared back at me. I blinked a couple times before a smile stretched across my face. 

Alexandria had been sitting on Asher's side of the bed with a journal in her hand. Her fingers were wrapped around a colored pencil. 

"Good morning, mommy!" She exclaimed then hopped onto my lap whilst dropping everything from her hands. Her arms were wrapped around my neck and she pulled back to squish my cheeks together. "You look like a fishy." She mumbled then patted both cheeks gently. I chuckled and sat her down beside me. 

"What have you been drawing, baby?" I asked when I reached for her journal. She cuddled beside me and smiled until a dimple surfaced on her right cheek.  

"Butterflyflies!" She exclaimed with a wide grin. I chuckled and glanced down at the monarch butterfly colored across the white page. 

"It's butterfly." I corrected with a gentle smile then pecked a kiss on her forehead. "Come on, baby, let's get ready for a new day." I scooped her into my arms then walked the both of us until we reached the bathroom sink. I sat her down onto the cold marble countertop. 

She twisted to face herself in the mirror and began poking at the reflection of her nose, 'boop beep boop' she whispered to herself then giggled. I carried on with preparing our toothbrushes but I couldn't help but admire her from the corner of my eyes. 

She's definitely a more mature version of Aidan and Zayden. I thought back to when the two boys were her age. I particularly remembered when Aidan ran through the hallways yelling that he was a smurf. That was funny. 

I snorted then covered my mouth before another obnoxious laugh escaped me. Alexia stopped making faces at herself and faced me with a wide grin. She took that as her cue to open wide so I could brush her teeth. 

She ran off to her journal and sat on the bed doodling some more while I prepared myself for the day. As I was finishing up, Alexia ran into my legs and stared up at me with a smile. 

"My tooth came out, mommy!" She held up a small white piece in the palm of her hand and waiting for me to congratulate her, so I did just as she was expecting. I picked her up and kissed her on the cheek. 

"You're growing into a lovely young lady, missy. Why don't you run along to show daddy." She nodded excitedly and bounded out the room with the journal  tucked under her arm. 

Changing into my normal attire of skinny jeans and a shirt, I walked through the door and stepped on one of Alexia's colored pencil. I picked that one up as well as another which laid a feet away. 

I followed my intuition and trailed my daughter's scent through the winding hallways. She knew this place inside and out and it amused me every time I followed her track of mind. I could tell which corner she spent more time at contemplating whether she should go straight or turn. 

I lost her trail as soon as I passed by a doorway. It was suspicious but I already had a feeling that she was inside. I moved briskly to push the door open. The dark oak door slammed loudly against the wall and rattled the sconces that rested high along the wall. 

Her small frame was huddled over Zayden's resting body. I approached them with caution since they were undisturbed and seemed to be in deep concentration. I stood several feet back at the foot of my son's bed and observed the two quietly. 

Alexia was holding her hand out to show her big brother the little tooth and he was sat up with his fingers wrapped around her smaller ones. The contact between them was silent but I held my breath for another reaction from Zayden. This was the most affection he's shown since we brought him back home and he displayed that affection to his sister. 

My heart warmed up at the scene in front of me. My heartbeat calmed down from the panic earlier. I proceeded out the infirmary one step at a time with my eyes on the two siblings. 

My back bumped into a hard chest and I turned around swiftly to face my husband standing in amazement at our children. I placed a finger over my lips in a sign for silence then turned him around and gentle pushed him out the door. 

Waiting outside for us was Aidan. He stood anticipating new results on Zayden's condition but once he saw both mine and Asher's smile, then he blew out a deep breath. 

"There's definitely a special bond between the brother and sister. I mean, did you see how quiet yet peaceful they both were? Alexia didn't seem scared at all! And our Zayden was so gentle to the touch." I exclaimed with a wide grin. my excitement warmed onto Asher and he mirrored my smile. 

Aidan let out a deep laugh then patted my shoulder. "Everything will be okay, Violet. I know it. This family is full of love and care, I don't think anything could ever get in the way." 

I smiled to his statement and pulled the two men in for a big hug. Their strong arms wrapped around me and I felt a sense of security. My family was with me every step of the way and I felt content with this life. 

A/N:  

Hello hello lovelies!!! How have you all been? 

I know that I haven't been writing much but here I am!!! It's just that school has been kicking me in the booty and I keep getting piled up on fresh amounts of work every day AND I APOLOGIZE!! 

But trust me, I come on here every day and acknowledge everyone's love for both books of this series, so I appreciate you all very much for your time and effort in reading my stories. Also, thank you for leaving votes and comments!! I love reading your comments! They make me smile all the time. 

Much love to you all and stay awesome! 

~Jade xoxo 

PS. This chapter isn't edited and I really hope this chapter will shine brightly onto your day! Please, take care!