Chapter 8

Violet 

Little did I know that that night was the last night I would see my son's bright smile. His screams echoed throughout the hallways but we were already too late. Asher and I arrived to his bedroom a second later and my heart twisted when I spotted a vacant bed with the sheets tossed in a jumbled mess.

I crumbled onto the floor with my face streaked with many tears. Countless waves of heart wrenching emotions washed over me. My scream vibrated off the walls, but I could not hear anything. My hands shook in tight fists and I felt numb all over. 

Asher kissed my forehead and vanished from the room without a single word. His steps thundered in the night. I begged for fresh air, for Zayden as he was my breathe of fresh air. Who could be so cruel? He was so young. I stared blankly into the dead night through the open window. The wind that brushed its way inside suffocated me. I could only hear my son's screams in the darkness, but I knew that he was no longer there. He had been taken away from me, into a vast and never-ending fog. 

Mother stood behind me and cautiously raised a hand to my shoulder, but I turned briskly on my heels before her doing so. With one look at my face, she recoiled in fear and retreated her hand faster than lightning. A flash of regret and sadness washed over my face, but it was soon replaced with such anger that it could ignite the entire woods into flames. 

My expressions calmed slightly when I glanced at Alexandria, who stood behind her grandmother with indescribable dismay. Aidan stood with tears streaming down his face as he stared intently into the dark night. His teeth were grinding together and he stormed out of the room tracing his brother's footsteps. 

Jilly stood not too far from where mother stood planted. Her eyes were red and broken. She released a breathe and rushed into my arms. She sobbed for the Nile River. Our tears joined could attempt to wash away the fear and despairing, overwhelming emotions, but it came to no avail. 

The four of us collapsed onto the cold marble floor and stayed for what felt like centuries before the men rushed into the room with a very disheveled look. 

My eyes widened when I realized that there was one person missing from the family. His mother. She did not show for one second and I grew increasingly worried. I stood suddenly and wanted to run out the door, but Ash's strong arms held me back. 

"Violet, calm down. You need to listen to me." His voice filled my ears, but it only registered faintly. He held tightly onto my wrists. I knew what he wanted to tell me. I had a feeling, but I wanted to see for myself. I refused to be detained. My fists slammed into his chest and he let me beat himself. He let me release the pain because he felt exactly what I did. 

"She's gone. They took her as well." I slouched against his chest when his words flowed into my mind. 

T-Then we find her. My mother spoke to my mind with a voice that was filled with uncertainty. I begged Asher with my eyes knowing that he had heard my thoughts. He shook his head with eyes filled with redness. I knew the answer immediately. She is gone. Forever. Her poor soul had been taken directly from her body. 

The room was filled with silence and only Alexia's whimpering could be heard. I gathered her in my arms and fell onto Zayden's bed. It was still slightly warm from his touch. I breathed his scent in. 

"Mommy, where did Zayden go?" I did not know the answer to her question, in fact nobody knew the answer and we were left to stare at a blank wall where many possibilities ran through our minds. 

My baby was taken by someone who meant serious business and nobody knew where to begin the search. My heart thumped violently against my chest. Who dared take away the former Queen? Who dared to take away the heir of this kingdom? 

A/N: Hello lovebugs!!! 

I got home from the trip late Thursday Night and finally rewinded to update a chapter! I apologize greatly if the start of this book has been dark and devilish. I forgot to give a warning that the majority of this book will contain content within this spectrum of darkness. I feel like this explains the story line as the title is Bloody Curse so please hang in there and give me feedback!! Anything is appreciated, whether it is something wrong with my writing,or just a simple spelling error, or praise!! :) 

Bloody Kiss is still gathering reads and votes and I am still grateful for you all to take time out of your day to read my first ever novel. It makes my morning when I wake up to check Wattpad and see more than one of you reading and spamming with votes!! :D 

Anyways, I hope you all have been well and don't be shy to shoot me a comment or message regarding ANYTHING!! 

I love you all for your great support, whether it's from the very beginning or if you're just new!! I love you all just as equally :)) 

~Jade xoxo

Until next time, take care and be amazing bookworms!! <3