Chapter 22

Violet 

I was speechless when those words escaped my daughter. Asher's heartbeat pounded against mine. I let out a silent breath and struggled to say something.

"Oh really, sweetheart? Did he say anything else? Did you see him?" Ash urged on. He was growing anxious and I knew where that was coming from, but I eyed him carefully to not scare Alexia. If she got scared, then she wouldn't confront us with any information. He understood what ran through my mind immediately then backed down with a slightly bowed head.

"I-I don't know." She mumbled with her eyebrows furrowed. She appeared to be in deep concentration and I wanted to look into her mind to see exactly what she was thinking. "I can't remember now. I can't remember anything." She whispered with her eyes glazed with unshed tears. I sighed then pulled her closer.

"It is alright, my dear. Don't be sad." I took my available hand then pushed her lips into a smile. She giggled then squished my cheeks together.

"You are beautiful." Her soft voice brushed against my face. Those exact simple words whispered by Ash earlier made me blush to a bright red.

While the two of us were distracted with each other's faces, Ash walked silently up to us, grabbed Alexia out of my arms then held my hand to walk the three of us to the kitchen for breakfast.

The room was all empty unlike late last night. I rolled up the sleeves of my robe to prepare a breakfast for Alexia. Asher grabbed the remade pancake mix from the fridge then handed it to me as he went to grab a couple glasses for us. Alexia reached for her small cup of blood then began sipping with a content smile.

The single pancake wasn't large, but that's exactly how Alexia liked it. A grin stretched across her face when she gandered longingly at the flat thing on the plate. She consumed the pancake within seconds with a wash of blood.

"Bye mommy. Bye daddy!" She bounded off in the direction of a hallway. I assumed she was going after Aidan, so I turned around with a smirk on my face.

Asher's lustful eyes were already on me. My lips parted at his piercing dark orbs. You do not even know the number of things I plan on doing to you right now. He teased with a mocking smirk. I sighed and shook my head then turned back around towards the door.

He chuckled; I've teased him way too many times for him to fall for my trap again. He grabbed hold of my forearm with a gentle tug in attempt for me to face him.

"Don't you have something else better to do, love?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I knew what I was going to do, but I didn't quite plan on letting him know. He sighed then released his hold on me with a slight nod. I pulled him closer for a hug with my arms around his waist then rested my head on his shoulder.

"Don't be down, okay? I will see you tonight when all the lights are out." I whispered against his ear then traced my lips down along his neck. He groaned and pressed his pelvic bone up against my belly button. "You drive me crazy, but you're going to drive yourself crazier if you're just going to stand here doing nothing for the rest of the day."

"I can live with that as long as you're by my side." He retaliated. My heart skipped a beat.

"Be a good boy while I'm not around." I kissed his cheek then strolled out the kitchen without another glance behind me. The silk robe flowed in waves to my rushed walking. I just needed to change out quickly into skinny jeans and a long sleeved shirt before proceeding with my plan.

I played with a sleeve that was balled within the palm of my hand as I cruised through the guards' chamber. It was eerily silent and I grew anxious but nothing gave me the impression that something was off.