Chapter 11

Caleb 

I paced the training floor with anxiousness. Asher stood still staring at a wall towards the back of the room. Derek and Cameron waited patiently beside me for the next order, but only a blank was running through my mind. I usually knew what to do, but Asher was disconnected from the group so I had to take initiative. 

What would the king do? What would the king do?  I tapped my right foot against the hardwood floor and peered over to Ash, only to see him unchanged from the last time I gazed at him. My thoughts were jumbled with sadness and anger. What would I do if my child was the one who had been taken? 

I growled under my breath and shook my head free of any menacing thoughts toward Jillian or my stillborn baby. The first wave of men filed into the room sensing the sky-high tension. They all ignored the suffocating atmosphere and approached me with an expecting look. Only I had disappointed them, I did not know the first thing to do. 

I seemed too distracted that I had not noticed Asher standing behind me. Derek and Cameron blended into the sea of guards with their eye contact averted to the king. 

"Blue team scout the area and stand guard at the perimeters. Red and Green team will have to train and arm up for anymore unexpected surprises within this kingdom. Caleb, you and I will take Cameron and Derek along with a couple other men to search the hallways for any laying clues." Asher spoke with a stern voice, much like his father had when Violet was taken. I stood back in surprise and bowed my head when he addressed our actions. 

"Yellow team scout the area and spread out in the woods to cover more land." I finalized his speech. I hadn't noticed that I had quoted the former king until the room was silent and suffocating. Asher nodded in approval. The room full of guards took that signal as a sign of dismissal and set out to their stations where their tasks were to be completed. 

Asher, Cameron, Derek, and I, with two other men shuffled from hallway to hallway in silence. We moved in a serious pack as if we were automated robots set to get our jobs done. 

Nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary, but the shift in atmosphere was evident that indicated  everything was wrong. I chewed on my bottom lip in anticipation that we would locate a lead to anything, but nothing surfaced. 

I sent a side glance to Ash and his emotions spoke many levels of sadness. I wanted to comfort him and assure him that we would get his first born child back, but I was not so certain of the dangers that we would be dealing with, so I held back on my pities and tried to grow confident for him and for his family. 

Sweetie, have you found anything?  Jill asked me after more moments of silence. I caught waves of worry radiating from her and I hesitated on giving the answer. I debated whether she wanted to hear the answer which would stress her out even more, but I gave in. She deserved to know the truth. 

No, I haven't. How are they holding up? I directed back, knowing well of the answer. I got the feeling that Asher had been communicating with Violet seeing how absorbed he was just glancing at the floor. But I asked anyway. 

Jill let out a deep breath and I could sense her shaking her head. That was enough of an answer for me to know how well the Sinclair family were doing. 

I promise you that I will find them. I promise you that I will protect you and our baby. I promise you that nothing will happen and that our lives would get better after all of this has settled. I whispered to her. I hoped that she got my message when I received nothing back from the other end. I closed my eyes and swallowed past the lump that grew in my throat. 

My heart warmed and I instantly knew that she heard everything that I had told her. Thank you. My mate's gentle voice filled my mind and I smiled slightly at her love. 

Anything for you, Jill. You know that I love you very much. Tell our little peanut that I love him too. She giggled when I called our baby a "him". I felt almost certain that she was carrying our baby boy, but she would always counter my claim with a baby girl. 

Soon enough, my dear. Soon enough our baby will meet this world and breath the same air that we do. My wife's voice filled my ears and I felt hope. And hopeless that if anything would happen to my two loves, then I would loose my life. 

A/N:

Hello, lovelies! 

Long time no see! And I apologize for that. I have been busy getting summer homework out of the way and just wanted to squeeze in an update before going on another trip. Whoop whoop!! Also raise the roof for Pandemonium Day (July 14) hehehe I'm excited for tomorrow because it'll be Gummy Worm Day!!!! 

Anyways, I hope you all have been well and I thank you all for the amazing support you give me everyday! Bloody Kiss and Bloody Curse are sailing across the great sea to more reads, votes, and comments :) so please give me your thoughts and feedback on how this book is going so far. 

There isn't a day when I am not appreciative of the awesome support, so thank you again :D Until next time, take care and keep on being lovely bookworms <3

~Jade xoxo