Chapter 2

Violet 

My back was pressed against his hard, bare chest. His heartbeat and breathing were both a steady rhythm. I sighed then stared out the window. The moonlight was not shining into the room and there was wind that howled through the vents of the silent castle. 

I could not sleepy after the nightmare that filled my dreams. Even though my body was slightly covered in cold sweat, I remained in Ash's arms in hopes that his embrace could calm me down. The ticking of a clock could be heard from the hallways. There would be the occasional shuffling of a maid's walking, but other than that, the property was asleep in a silence that seemed almost eerie. 

After laying on my side for twenty minutes, I decided that a walk might wear my energy. Ash moaned when I released his hold around me, but his eyelids stayed shut. I breathed a sigh of relief then tiptoed to the bedroom doors. I bit my lip as I closed the door softly behind me with a faint 'click'. 

I walked across the hallway and peeked my head through the door to see my little baby girl sleeping soundly. A warm smile stretched across my face when I approached her bedside. I pulled the bedsheets up her chest then bent down for a small kiss on the forehead. 

"Sleep tight, angel." I turned back around to look at her when I walked to the open door. I did not close it all the way when I stepped back into the hallway. I walked down a room to Zayden's. 

His soft snores filled the room and I went in to readjust his bedsheets at well. I hummed his favorite lullaby from when he was a baby and brushed loose brown hair that tickled his forehead. I placed a kiss on his forehead and closed the door softly behind me. 

I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding in. The nightmare didn't mean anything. My babies were safe and everybody was at peace in their slumber. 

No sound was made when I strolled back to the master bedroom. Ash was in the exact same position that I left him in so I slipped easily back into his arms and let out a deep breath before closing my eyes with a smile on my face. 

His heartbeat was like the soft humming of a drum against my chest. I looked up to his calm face and traced a finger down his jawline. He shifted under my touch but nothing else happened. I breathed a sigh and trailed my finger against the faint pulse on his neck. I dreaded to touch my lips on his soft skin, but chose against it. 

Tomorrow, darling. I thought and turned so my back was facing him again. His firm arms held me in place and I closed my eyes feeling content. 

A/N: Hello hello again, beauties!

Please let me know what you thought about this chapter!! 

I'm sorry if there are any errors, I did not have time to read this over and correct any mistakes.

Thank you and I love you all :) 

~Jade xoxo