My love, My life

Amber's POV

"Okay listen up!" Vinny shouts as we all gather around him. I see a tall, familiar looking, man standing near the front of the group. I begin to wonder why he looks so familiar, but Vinny's loud clap of energy shook me out of my daze.

"Okay so as you all know the draft was this weekend. As most of you know we drafted Mr. Blake Griffin number 32."

We all clap as the tall man (Blake) walks out of the corner and to the front. Vinny introduces the team and all the coaches (myself included) to Blake.

"He looks so familiar..." I think to myself.

After practice I go home and take a shower, do my hygiene thing. I put on some sweatpants and purple Nike t-shirt and put my hair up in a messy bun. I go to the guest room and begin to inspect the book shelf.

"Ah! There you are!" I say as I grab all my High School year books. "Blake Griffin... Blake Griffin..." I mumble to myself as I drag my finger across the pages looking for that familiar face.

Next thing I know, I find him. "OMG! No way!" I shout as I slam the book shut.
__________________________

The next day:

Once I woke up I was so eager to get to practice and show everyone what I'd discovered. So I took a quick shower and did my hygiene thing. I put on some black basketball shorts, a clippers t-shirt, and some black and blue Jordans. I grab my year book and stuff it in my bag as I jog downstairs. I make a breakfast shake, grab my keys, and run out the door.

When I got there at the staples center NO ONE WAS THERE! So I text Vinny:

'When are you gonna be at the center?'

'Around 10. why?'

'Cuz I'm here right now and no ones here'

'Oh well I'll be there in a hour or so...'

I look at my clock, 8:45?! I throw my head back and sigh. "Man I ain't fixin to just sit here for a freakin hour!" I say as I hop out of my car.

Blake's POV

I arrive and it's about 8:30. So I text Coach Vinny:

'Hey when does practice start?'

'10:30'

'Okay thanks'

I see a black car pull in through my rear veiw mirror. So I watch as it parks. I try and see who it is, but the windows are tinted.

About 10 minutes later I hear a door shut so I look up and I see a girl get out of the car. I feel like I've seen her before.

She goes in her trunk and grabs a basketball. I watch as she makes shots at the outside hoop. After about 20 minutes I get out of my car. I must have startled her because I saw her jump a little, making me chuckle.

"Hey!" she shouts as she runs over to me. She must've been playing hard ball cause she'd worked up a sweat.

"Hey what's up?" I say casually.

"Nothin' much, just shooting around a lil 'till Vinny gets here." she says as we begin walking. "Blake right?"

"Ya, how bout you. Sorry I'm not very good with names."

She laughs and says "My names Amber. I'm the Assistant Shooting Coach."

"Nice, yesterday day I noticed your the only female coach." I say as we sit on a shady curb.

"Ya..."

It gets quiet for a minute, when she says "You know, you look very familiar... Where are you from again?"

"Oklahoma"

"Me to... Look I brought my year book" she pulls a book out of her bag.

I chuckle... "What?" she says as she flips through to pages.

"Nothin' what were you showing me again?"

"Oh ya, here it is." she stops on a page and points to a picture "Is this you?" I look at who it is, and I have to do a double take.

"Oh my gosh yes! Where did you find this?"

"I got in my senior year" she flips back a few pages "This is me..." my mind stops.

How can I not remember one of my best friends?