Chapter 12

I call Amy.
"Amy where are you? I have to talk to you like right now!"
"I'm on my way back, I have some major news as well" she replies. As soon as I end the call the door opens and Amy walks through.
"Where have you been? And why didn't you wake me this morning?" I say sternly
"I'm sorry, I just wanted the guys to like me and I thought that if you weren't there they might. I'm sorry Sky!"
"It's okay I guess, next time just tell me"
"I-I" Amy starts "I slept with Shawn"
"Oh my god! Amy this is major! You know he's only 15 right?"
"I know" she says looking guilty
"What? What have you done? Why do you look so guilty?" I raise my eyebrow
"Thing is, I slept with him last night"
"And..."
"I just got back from Carter's room"
"You. Did. Not" I can tell by her facial expression that she did.
"Amy!"
"Sky! What do I do? I can't look at either of them without knowing what I did with the other" she says in tears "what am I meant to do?"
"Oh Amy," I say softly hugging her "you've got two options" she looks up at me "one, tell them both what you did and risk them both hating you"
"What's the second option?"
"You pretend it didn't happen with Carter and tell him it was a mistake or vice versa with Shawn"
"Oh god, I feel like a complete whore"
"That's because you are" I say jokingly. She pushes me so that I fall off the bed and land with a thump on the ground.
"What's your news?" She asks, I tell her about the Matt/Taylor drama "looks like you're in trouble too."
"I don't know what to do"
"I guess you'll have to talk to Carter about it"
"Eh, I really can't deal with this drama right now" we say in usion.

It's now 10pm and Amy and I are watching a movie as Amy's phone buzzes.
"It's Shawn. He wants to see me." She says looking at me panicking. "I can't do this Sky!"
"It's fine, just tell him that you think you should spend the night with me, seeing as you didn't wake me up this morning" I say jokingly.
"I sense the joke but it's a good excuse. I'm using it."
After about 2 minutes Amy's phone buzzes again "he said fine. With a sad face emoji" with that she throws her phone into her bag.
"Tomorrow is the last day of magcon and then we will probably never see them again." I say with a sudden realisation that it's true.
"Maybe you should just text Carter about the Matt situation" Amy says wisely.
"Maybe you should just text Carter about the Shawn situation" I say winking as Amy pushes me once again. "But you're right" I pull out my phone and unlock it. Amy squirms under the covers to re position so that she can see the screen of my phone.
(C=Carter S=Skylar)
S: Hi Carter, it's Sky, can we talk?
C: Hi, sure what's up?
S: it's about Matt
S: and Sydney
C: oh so he told you?
S: well Taylor told me first and then Matt explained
C: oh really? What did Matt tell you?
S: that you both liked this girl called Sydney, and then he slept with her and you told him that if he ever spoke to her again, you'd disown him. And then she moved to Australia.
C: he's not wrong.
S: what does that mean?
C: all I'm saying is that I don't think you should trust him.
S: and why'd you say that?
C: ask Amy about when we were playing spin the bottle and you were outside with Shawn.
---
I look up to Amy. I can already see the guilt that she's failed to hide.
"Well?"
"Sky, don't hate me"
"How can I hate you if I don't know what you've done?"
"When you and Shawn were in the hall, Aaron said that you guys probably went out there to have sex"
"What?! Sky I would never, I mean Shawn is yours, he has been from day 1"
"So you didn't?"
"Amy? NO OF COURSE I DIDNT! I'm not like that and you know it."
"Crap" Amy mutters under her breath
"Amy, what did you do?"
"Well-" she stops.
"Amy!"
"I'm sorry Sky, you were gone for so long, and I believed Aaron"
"You're not answering the question" I panic
"I had sex with Matt"