hospital beds and boyfriends

Minicat requested by @AGeekGirl!!

I've never written Minicat before, or anything with Tyler in general, so I hope this came out okay!

-

Tyler was laying in a bed, in the middle of a bright white room, with his boyfriend right besides him. Craig gently pulls Tyler's hand into his own, not a word being said.

That was okay. They didn't need to say shit, anyways.  He already knew Craig like the back of his hand, he could basically read his mind by now. This was okay.

"Tyler..." Craig's voice trails off, an uneasy look on his face. He looked so nervous in here, always seeming so fucking scared all the time. What was there to be scared of in this stupid hospital room?

"Mini, baby, relax," Tyler says, voice a lot quieter than usual. "I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about." He squeezes Craig's hand gently, smiling brightly at him despite the burning pain in his arm.

"Oh... Tyler, don't do that. You're gonna hurt yourself." Craig gently pushes Tyler's arm back to his side, a worried look etched into his face. And deep down, Tyler knew why.

So he looks at Craig, and shrugs softly. "It's okay. Can't really feel the pain anymore."

It's a lie, though. A complete and utter lie that Craig could see straight through.

"Tyler... Come on. You don't have to force yourself to be strong just for me. It's okay to be scared," Craig whispers.

Tyler shakes his head slightly. "What is there to be scared of? The only scary thing here is that look on your face," he tries to joke. Anything to see him smile again, just one last time.

And to his delight, it works. Craig gives a tiny, weary smile at Tyler. "You fucking nerd," he says quietly. "You're such a fucking nerd."

Tyler takes one look at Craig's teary face, and sighs. "You know, Min, crying doesn't look good on you."

"But.. B-but you're dying, Tyler. Of course I'm gonna cry," Craig whimpers.

Tyler thinks for a moment, and gives a wry smile. "You got me there. But you look more scared of this than I am. Isn't that stupid? I think that's fucking stupid."

Craig sniffles, wiping a few stray tears away with the back of his hand. There's the faint sound of birds chirping outside, and the familiar beeping of the many machines and monitors he's surrounded by.  He doesn't have much time left. Any minute now, he knows he's gonna die. And all he wants is Craig to be here with him.

"I love you, you know that? You're probably the best thing that's ever happened to me," Tyler says thoughtfully. He smiles at Craig, and weakly reaches out to stroke his cheek, taking in every bit of him he could.

"You're so weird. You're a fucking dick at times, and your laugh is great. I could listen to you talk all day, you know? I love you so much, and I'm fucking scared of the fact that I'm leaving you like this," Tyler admits.

Craig's hand moves to cover his own, slightly smaller hands easily fitting on top of his. The only words to come from his mouth are a small whisper of "But you don't seem scared."

Tyler would've laughed if he was able to. Instead of the usual, loud laughter he was once capable of, the only noise that escapes is a weak, raspy chuckle that hurts his chest and sends him into a coughing fit.

Craig jumps at the sound, quickly scrambling to calm Tyler down. "Tyler, stop laughing! This- this gonna hurt you even more, dumbass!"

Tyler takes a deep breath, relaxing himself. "Sorry, sorry. It's just... You're right. I'm not scared. I'm terrified," he says breathing heavily, trying to compose himself after his little coughing fit from a few moments ago. "I don't wanna leave you. You... You know that. I love you, and I'm sorry it has to be like this."

He has to lay back in the bed, feeling a bit lightheaded. For a moment, his mind hazes over, a weird wave of serenity washing over him. Tyler smiles dazedly at Craig, holding his arms out the best he can. "Come on, Craigy. Don't be sad. I'm the one who's supposed to be crying, you know?"

Craig doesn't respond, instead he just crawls onto the bed and sits besides Tyler, hand sliding into his perfectly.

It's quiet for a moment as Tyler observes Craig's face, the way his pretty eyes are red and puffy with tears flowing free, and how his hair is messy despite it being so easy to care for. His lips are red with obvious bite marks, probably from where he bites them when he gets nervous.

Tyler thinks it over for a second, before smiling wistfully and reaching out for Craig the best he can. "When did you become so beautiful, Craig? You're so fucking pretty..." It's getting harder for him to talk, his eyelids are heavy and the warmth coming off of Craig is comforting him endlessly.

Craig says nothing, just watches with eyes wide and hands trembling despite them staying still.

"I'm scared," Tyler says, voice just above a whisper. "But... Y-you'll be here. So I guess.. I guess it won't be so bad."

Craig pulls Tyler in for a hug, the embrace making Tyler relax. "I'll be here, Tyler. I'll be right here, okay? Just... J-just close your eyes, Tyler."

Craig's crying now. Tyler can't figure out why, though. He's sleepy, warm, and his mind feels hazy for some reason.

"Come on, Mini. Don't... Don't cry. We'll find each other again."

The air around him is cold, and the bright white lights around him make him want to close his eyes and sleep in Craig's arms. He hears a faint beeping, growing faster and faster as his eyes slowly drift shut.

"I love you, Tyler," is the last thing he hears before his world fades away.

And Tyler's left there, in a hospital bed, with a smile on his face.