terrorsnuckel!!

Terrornuckel for MaidenMidnight !!!
I kinda got stuck bc i accidentally deleted this one like five times :')

Thank god for backups :")
-

Brian wasn't very good at romance. Sure, he liked to flirt around, and yeah, he was pretty good at sweet-talking to some girls. But when he actually, legitimately wanted to impress someone and woo them, he was suddenly the biggest asshole on the planet.

No matter what he did, or what he tried, it never went well for him. Sometimes he would come off too strong, and other times he would look plain desperate.

And when that new kid, Brock moved into his school?

He was fucking whipped. This shy, awkward little kid with big, big brown eyes came in and swept him right off his feet. And all he even did was walk past Brian at lunch! God, why couldn't Brian have any classes with him?

Brian sighs to himself, pushing his lovesick thoughts out of his head. This wasn't the time for being in love. He had to go to lunch... where Brock was.

He was in way too deep. He really was.

Brian opens the doors to the cafeteria, grinning as he sees his friends crowded at their usual table. Tyler stands up, waving him over with a grin. Brian waves back, already beginning to run over to the table.

But then he slams into something, and he's sent back onto his ass on the floor, head nearly hitting some chair. He groans in pain, rubbing his arm lightly. That had hurt.

Looking forward, Brian feels himself tense up. Of all the people he could've ran into, at full force, it just had to be Brock, didn't it?

Scrambling to his feet, Brian quickly moves to help poor Brock up. He holds a hand out to Brock, who is looking up at him with wide, panicked eyes. "Shit, dude, I-I am so sorry about that. I should've watched where I was running, oh God... A-are you okay?"

Brock nods awkwardly, taking Brian's hand. Almost immediately, Brian notices how soft Brock's hand is, and finds himself squeezing a little tighter as he pulls the other up.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Brian can't help the guilt that washes over him as he watches Brock gather his things, face flushed with embarrassment.

He couldn't help but wonder if Brock felt as embarrassed as he did right now. Because Brian was pretty much ready to melt into the void, and never show his face again all because he knocked pretty boy Brock over.

For some reason, though, Brock looks at him and laughs. And his laugh is a small, giddy noise that sends Brian into overdrive, his heart beginning to pound wildly in his chest and his face growing red at an alarming rate. How could someone be so cute and not know it?

"Um... You, uh... You sure I'm the one you should be worried about? You don't look so good..." Brock's voice holds a teasing tone, despite the quietness of it.

Brian tries to speak, but finds his throat is suddenly dry and words aren't forming. He just swallows and shrugs.

Brock frowns worriedly, but goes along with it. He silently nods, grabbing his backpack off the floor, and scurries off to wherever he might be going. "Bye, Brian," he murmurs, voice so soft Brian almost misses it entirely.

At the sound of Brock saying his name, Brian feels his heart flutter with excitement. He stares in the direction Brock had walked off in, wishing he had the courage to go after him. Instead he's pulled out of his thoughts by Craig and Marcel, who are both snickering to each other.