The gate(Unedited)

Chapter twenty eight

The gate

"Mommy, where are we going? I'm sleepy." Anastasia asked me while rubbing her eyes from sleepiness.

"We are going to play a little game sweety" I told her

"Is daddy going to play too?" she asked with a sleepy smile on her face

"Yes angel he is"

We entered room six of the empty rooms section where I had left my item this morning.

"Mommy why is this room so scary?" she asked me "what is this big circle on the ground mommy?"

"I will show you, its magic."

"Really?!"

"Is daddy gona pway some magic too?"

"Yes angel"

I prepared everything and made sure I didn't miss a thing, my heart was pounding all the time, I was terrified that something bad might happen. But I couldn't back up now I have been researching too long for this.

"Mommy when is daddy coming?"

"Soon baby soon"

"I wanna pway with daddy too"

"He will be here sweet heart, he will be here"

I placed the ashes on the transmutation circle and Anna and I both stood inside the circle. I looked at little Anastasia and said:

"Darling, no matter what happens please don't be scared alright?"

Anna looked at me confused but nodded.

I began what I had been planning for all these years. I clapped my hands together and began the transmutation.

I didn't know exactly what was going to happen, but I knew that if anything wrong happened, I will be the one to suffer because only the one who makes the transmutation will be affected. I guaranteed Anna's safety before anything, but the fear of her being scared on the inside for life frightened me.

The giant eye was now below us, Anna began crying but I kept smiling to make her think all of this is part of some game. She approached me frightened and hugged my legs. We slowly began to dissolve into thin air, it all happened so fast.

We were now front of a giant white void. I looked around but saw nothing and heard nothing. All that I could hear was the sound of Anastasia crying.

"Mommy I don't like this game please I wana go home, I want daddy"

My heart was breaking at her screams but I needed her to endure a bit.

"Well well, what do we have here?" a voice said I looked behind and saw a white man with no face expressions, nothing but a mouth. He was sitting on the ground in front of a giant gate and he was obviously talking to me. "The most powerful philosopher stone, I have existed to see this day! Such power in such a weak form"

"You are the one aren't you?" I asked him

"Me? I am everything, I am nothing, I am the world, I am the unknown, I am the truth, I am the lie, and I am also you."

"I came here for an equivalent exchange."

"Really? And what is this exchange?"

"The many lives for only one."

"Mommy, who is this man? He is scary" Anna said while hugging me close to her from fear.

"I see you are the container of the stone then!"He said after hearing the word mommy from Anna.

"Take all the lives in my daughter but one life, in exchange for what I ask for."

"I'm afraid that won't be equivalent though..."

"I know, that's why I brought this." I said and showed him a stone. "Take one life from this stone so that my daughter will stay alive."

"Hmm, very well."

"Ouch!" Anna cried "Mommy, my finger got cut by itself, it hurts!"

"Its okay baby, look its going away." I said forcing myself to keep smiling.

"Mommy please I wanna go home please!"

Suddenly the drop of blood that fell from Anastasias finger widened instantly and turned the white void into a dark red one. And there I stood, in front of the gate that slowly opened. I smiled, it was working.

I woke up in the room again, found Anna on the floor not moving. I rushed to her and began waking her up, I was so scared.

"Anna, baby wake up angel, come on please wake up!"

"M...Mommy?"

I hugged her, happy tears filled my eyes, and I was relieved to see her okay.

"I'm sleepy"

"I'll take you back to bed I promise" I said to her.

I stood up.

"Beauty?"

***