Flora Mansion

A grand tremor overtook me. It was hard to wake myself from the reality of what my life was all about. How did I come to this? How did all of this happen? I was enjoying an apple pie with Alfred and his Wife a few days ago; what happened? My eyes were sore; my body ached; if only I could somehow escape reality. I didn't want to be part of this at all.

There was a knock at the door. The first time I chose to ignore it; the second time, I let out an aggressive "Who is it"? In came Envy. "What did I ever do to you?" He said as he came in. When I knew it was him at the door, I buried my face back into my pillow. I did not want him to see me cry or have time for his annoying behavior.

He stood by the bed next to me. "Get up." He said in a firm voice.
I ignored him.
"Are you deaf? I said get up! The Fuhrer wants me to take you for a walk in the garden."
"I don't want to. Just leave me alone." I said while trying my best to keep my voice from cracking.

"Look, I don't want to either! The last thing I wanted to do was babysit. So don't make this any harder than it is. Get off your crying ass, and let's go. You have five minutes. I will be waiting outside your room.

"He stomped his way out to the door. Before walking out, he looked back at me and said in a stern voice. "Five minutes." The door slammed aggressively shut behind him. This man is the embodiment of chaos itself. He barely stayed three minutes and disrupted an entire room's vibe. I sighed and got up. I went to the mirror to fix myself up but was horrified at the redness in my eyes. No wonder they were sore. Did I care about how I looked? In reality, it's not normal for me to look alright after hearing the truth of my life today. I'm overthinking things again. I already lost three minutes, and I should be heading out. Envy was waiting by the door, leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. He glared at me as I closed my bedroom door. Neither one of us said one word. We just walked. I don't like him at all. He is arrogant and full of himself, senseless towards other people's feelings, and only cares about himself. If the Fuhrer wants him in charge of protecting me, then he should not make my stay here more troubling than it already is. We walked outside the mansion, and the cool fresh air filled my lungs. It was a remarkable change of vibe from the house inside and the gloomy emptiness of its halls. It had no laughter, no joy, no people. Mother nature outside was more tender, calm, and soft on one's soul.

The aroma of jasmine was intense in the lakeside air. This lavish addition to the garden was made by a natural basin filled with meltwater. You could escape the traffic and the frenzied crowding for a change of pace. The ground was an opaque green, with newly blooming flowers. Each flower unfolds as though it were a book. One was more sculpted than written, with the ink soaking into the petals to give them their luminous sheen. It was like an astounding love tale delivered in its quiet way, with the eyes sinking into the beautiful masterpiece unfolded. I stood there, taking in the view. Envy stopped when he noticed that I was no longer walking by his side. I was able to glimpse him in the corner of my eye as my gaze was fixed on the butterflies flying by and my ears melting in the beautiful voice of canaries singing good morning to each other. "Are you just gonna stand there? Is your dream becoming a fountain statue?" I stared at him with annoyance. "The Fuhrer wanted me to show you what he calls the Flora Mansion, so we aren't stopping here."I rolled my eyes at his attitude and followed him. I was more intrigued by this Flora Mansion with each step. It was a large dome with a pearly opaque tint to it. It was impossible to see what was on the outside from where we were. I used to create my perfume as a kid throughout the summer. All children's hearts should have the opportunity to jump when they see rose petals adorn the grass, and that is exactly what happened to me when I got closer and closer to the dom. Reminiscent of a beautiful memory began as the scent of rose, lavender, lilac, and other fragrances danced like a carefully orchestrated ballet. That iridescent light of the butterfly wings was the source of magic if there ever was any.

 These eyes are under its spell, and as a result, my soul is fully present at the moment. I have the impression that my mental focus has improved as if I have discovered a radio frequency that is simultaneously calmer and more intense. The moment I first noticed the petal wings, a calmness overcame me and held me like a worldwide camera flash. It was a piece of a fairy tale on the inside, a jungle turned into a beautiful garden. It was like an embodiment of a chapter from some book I read. "Now you can stand like a statue and open your mouth and look dumb," Envy said as he climbed a tree. "Where are you going?" I said in worry thinking he was going to leave. "I'm gonna take a nap right here. You go explore and catch some butterflies like a little kid." He gestured with a grating go-away motion as he spoke. "Just don't leave this place no matter what!" "Are you sure?"  I asked. He did not respond and began snoring instead. As much as I despise him, I appreciate his lack of stamina to serve as a bodyguard. 

I let the garden do its healing. Letting mother nature do her magic, helping my nerves calm down and subside the pain. I felt blessed to have this moment, an opportunity to relax after a hard time. I found a bed of roses, and with no hesitation, I jumped in the middle of it like a little girl in a children's book. I lay down, allowing the lovely, calming scent of roses to act as my body's natural sedative as every muscle drew back, and I allowed myself to drift off into a sound sleep in a peaceful corner of heaven. I hope this is how I wake up from this nightmare.