Cold mansion

Taking a moment to shed the sleep away from my brain, I allowed my vision to shift from night to morning. A subdued glow came through the curtains, warm and inviting to the world outside. Yet, something seemed different; this isn't the bed I usually wake up in every day; this one is much more comfortable. The room feels spacious; the air slightly cold and dense; the colors are different than the pale colors of my own. Within a room this well decorated, a presence was missing. I would usually wake up by the warmth of Mishka next to me on my bed. Yearning for that was a sign of her absence. I was in a silk blue nightgown; 'I don't own a nightgown' was the first thought that crossed my mind as I noticed what I was wearing. Someone must have changed my clothes. What happened anyway? How did I end up here? I had no memory of how I came to this point.
It all just seems foggy.I found a robe on the coat hanger by the closet, rushed to it, and put it on. I slightly opened the door and peeked through it, noticing a corridor and a set of stairs. I was on the second floor of what seemed to be a mansion of a wealthy person or people. No one was in sight; it seemed safe for me to leave the room and explore my way out. I tip-toed the corridor to the staircase leading downstairs, feeling the cozy blood-red carpet underneath my feet, taking a good look at what lies underneath. Silence, not a single noise or presence detected. I could see the front door, a sweet escape from this place that I have no memory of whatsoever. I took the first step downstairs, wanting to rush it and run towards the exit, but a small voice told me to take it slow and be careful. Second step. Third. The stair rose upwards to me, and I rushed against its flow.
"Why do I have to stay here?" A man screamed in annoyance
"Shush Envy, you will wake the girl." A woman replied. I froze and hastily ran the three steps back up and hid behind the wall. I glanced to see who it was, a beautiful woman in a long dark dress with a tattoo on her chest and a man also wearing black with dreadlocked hair following her. He seemed to be annoyed while she was nonchalant about his irritated state. My mind went foggy as I saw them, and it was a familiar feeling of fuzziness and confusion."I have to leave; take care of the situation while I'm gone." She said, "Do not mess this up!"She wore a coat on her shoulders and left through the front door of the mansion. The man named Envy, I presumed, sighed and turned around to go back the way he came. I awaited his absence to be complete for me to carry on with what I was doing. I quietly walked down the stairs, one silent step at a time, until I got to the lower part of the domain. A few paces away, that's how close the door was. My soles felt the cold tile floor as I approached the framed exit. Twisting the doorknob, I felt my heart race as I claimed my escape. Opening the way to the outside, I saw a figure in the door frame. My face washed blank with confusion; every muscle in my body just froze for a split second before taking one step back.
"Where do you think you're going?" Envy asked, his arms crossed as he stood there. I kept taking steps back to get away from him. He approached me at a slow pace and with confidence. I turned to escape and made a run for it. I don't know if there is another way out, but I thought of looking for the kitchen; maybe I will find a back door there? Running aimlessly, I found the kitchen; it was vast, tiled blue and white. I found the back door and ran towards it, twisting the doorknob but unable to open it. "Locked!" I thought to myselfWhat do I do now? I need to protect myself. I could hear him getting closer; I need to act fast. I looked for knives and found them, held one of them in hand, and pointed it at the door frame while I waited for his appearance.
"You don't have to be so afraid, Beauty." He said as I glimpsed his shadow, gradually getting more significant. "Why are you even trying to escape a place with this grandeur? You haven't even experienced the beauty of this manor."
"Who are you, and how do you know my name?"
"I'm sorry, let me introduce myself." He said and approached me, "But before I do that, let me take care of that knife." He said, and in a swift movement, took the knife away from me. He placed the knife on the counter, looked at me, and continued with a hand on his chest, signaling himself. "Envy."
A moment of silence occurred. "Are you going to explain to me what am I doing here and how I got here, or why am I even here in the first place?"
"Not with that attitude!"
"I'm in a weird place talking to someone I don't know; how do you expect me to be?"
"Good point..."
"I want to leave!"
"Sorry, that's not gonna happen." He said while casually going towards the fridge and looking through it."Why not? Who are you to tell me what to do?"
"Look, I can't explain anything now... Just relax and enjoy your stay here; dammit! they ate all the apple pie..."
I turned towards the back door and tried to force it open. "It's not going to open." He said while still scanning the inside of the great fridge. I walked at a fast pace behind him, leaving the kitchen and heading back towards the main entrance. I cracked the door open, only for it to slam shut again by some force from behind me. I looked up and found Envys arm, the source of the door slamming back in place. "I told you not to leave this place." He said in a sort of angry tone, "I'm still very nice and polite with you so far, but I must warn you I have a short temper."

I turned and looked into his eyes, the fear consuming me as he poured it from his gaze into my core. My blood turned warm, and my heart raced, feeling the heat on my face and body circulating. "ENOUGH!" A man screamed with authority. His voice came from upstairs. "Envy, that is not the way to treat our guest!" Standing at the top of the stairs was a man with power emanating from him. His facial expressions reflected the hard work he has been putting in all his years of living; the eye patch provided proof. He wore the military uniform of Central. His presence screamed 'man of Central.' He took the steps down towards us, with his hands behind his back, and indirectly spoke to me through Envy."Beauty isn't to be disturbed during her stay here. She is here to be kept safe, and not the opposite." The last words had stern in them. He stood in front of us, giving Envy a look with a message I was able to translate as 'don't mess this up or else...' "Allow me to introduce myself." He continues drawing a comforting smile as he shifted his focus to me. "I am king Bradley. Fuhrer of Central." My eyes widened, taking in more light. Was I standing in front of the Fuhrer himself? But why is the Fuhrer here? What role does he play in all of this?"My Lady, would you be so kind as to return to your room to freshen up and change? Breakfast will be ready in a few. We can't skip on the most important meal of the day, can we?"I stood there, wordless, not knowing what to respond with exactly. I just looked at both the men with me, fixed the robe I had on and made my way back to the room where I woke up. "Everything will be explained at breakfast, my lady, do not worry." He continued as I took the stairs.Closing the door behind me, I took a moment to breathe. 'This isn't a nightmare nor a dream, Beauty.' I thought to myself. It seemed impossible to remember how I got here, who are these people, and where am I? The moment I try to remember, a sort of fuzziness surrounds my thoughts like mist. A headache hurts, forcing me to abandon trying to remember. What bothers me isn't that these people seem familiar, but I can't remember where from; it's the feeling of confusion and blankness I get when I try to remember. It doesn't feel like the first time I have experienced this.