Thirty-two

This was it. In a matter of seconds my world was turned upside down. The gun fired. I shut my eyes waiting for the pain.

Not even a second after the gun was fired, I was subjected to the loud sound of booted feet running across the floor. I opened my eyes to find myself swarmed by men in black all around me. All sound was blocked from my ears and my hair moved in slow motion as I looked all around me trying to comprehend what was going on. I looked to the floor besides me, a bleeding Alex Wolf laid there, crippling and gurgling blood. Hateful brown eyes directed at me. Me. Wait. I looked down at myself. I was fine. Completely totally fucking fine.

A swarm of relief flushed over me. If felt like a boulder had been removed from my chest. That's when I let it go, and began to cry like a little bitch. I cried for myself, and for my parents and Maria. They wouldn't have to hear the news about my death. I cried until my voice was hoarse, and even when I was sitting on the back of ambulance where my wounds were being treated, I didn't stop. I didn't stop crying when the a tall blonde detective came up to me and began to ask me questions.

"I-Im. S-sorry. I-I J-j-ust c-can't s-seem t-t-to s-top cryinggg." I managed to say as my chest heaved up and down and my eyes burned with even more tears.

The detective looked uncomfortably at me and after a while decided to give me some time to fix myself up before coming back minutes later.

"Sorry, I know this is hard for you but it's part of the job-"

"Detective Walt, I can take it from here. Don't worry about it." A new voice spoke up and another tall man dressed in a nice suit came up behind the blonde detective. "Are you sure? You've done so much already, I can do this." The blond detective replied.

"Im sure." The new detective said. I realized that this was the the same man who had yelled at Alex to put his gun down. Was he the one who had shot him dead too?

"Um, very well.." said the tall blonde man with hesitance before walking away to go speak with the swat team.

"How are you doing?" The detective asked me.

I looked down at myself,"Well I'm alive. Isn't that all that matters? I'm a little bit in shock still, but I'll survive."

"That's good to hear," he said then we both watched in silence as paramedic finished putting some of his materials away and then walked off who knows where. The detective then tore his gaze from
The paramedic and looked at me. He had a set of brown stern eyes. He placed his hands on his waist, pushing back the sides of his jacket, " Miss Grey, you're safe and sound and that all that matters. We did our part, now I need you to do me a favor and don't say anything. I'll take care of it. Just don't speak of this to anyone. Not any other police officer, not the paramedic, not anyone else. Understand? "

I looked at him with a puzzled look. "Wait what? What do you mean? Aren't you supposed to ask me a bunch of questions about what happened?"

The detective gave me a blank look and then scratched his jaw, I could hear the scruff of his stubble scratch against his nails. "Yes, and I already did. Please, just keep your mouth shut about anything you know that involves Mr. Kingsley. Please."

My puzzled look grew but he didn't give me time to say anything else because then he offered me a hand.

"C'mon, I'll drive you home." He said.

I took his hand and jumped off the back of the ambulance. I followed him to his car and sat in the front seat. We drove in silence for at least a block away from the crime scene before he turned a sharp left and drove into a small neighborhood. He stopped the car abruptly, and then turned to look at me.