Ten|pt.1

I don't know if I should have heard that.

Probably not.

My entire core shook. It rattled me to my bones. I felt lost and confused. What was I supposed to do? Leave?

Cam walked out of the office, his eyes cold and silent. Before I knew it the decision was made for me.

"Lilith." He murmured my name ever so softly as he beckoned me upstairs. Like a child in a trance I followed, but it wasn't enough to forget about the cold, dark eyes slicing through me from behind. I gave a brave little look past my shoulder and met James' eyes. Almost immediately I looked away.

It suddenly occurred to me that I was more scared of James than I would ever be of Cam.

"If I know you well, I know that you heard all of that." Cam suddenly spoke. I was so startled by what he had said that I nearly bumped into him.

"What-no." I lied shamelessly.

By now we were walking down the same hallway I had walked down a couple of weeks ago. I even passed the room I had been held captive in.

"What do you make of it?" He stopped in front of a tall brown door and opened the door slowly letting me inside.

"Make of what?" I continued to play dumb.

"Lilith, drop the act. I know you were eavesdropping. Tell me, what will you do?"

I avoided his eyes and instead busied myself with the room. It was clearly his bedroom. I padded to his bed and sat on the edge of it.

"I don't know." I finally whispered as I reached over to touch the soft quilt. The bed dipped under his weight as he sat next to me.

"Good, because neither do I." He replied in the same whisper. And then it wasn't awkward anymore. I didn't want to avoid his eyes. I had no reason to hide. We were on the same page. I looked up at him, our eyes met.

The way he looked at me, It was so warm and inviting. I could let my guard down.

I laid back on the bed with my black hair sprawled out behind me. His cool hand fell down on my thigh and I shivered. I stare at it, not sure what to make of it.

His hand slowly drifts away as he lays on his back and stretches his hands outward. We both lay on his bed in silence and turned to look at each other at the same time. It's like looking at a mirror. Blue eyes against blue eyes. Black raven hair to go with mine. The same shade of pale skin. A small smile plays on my lips. We matched perfectly.

"Tired?" I ask him with a faint smile on my lips.

"Just a little sore." He replies.

"I can give you a neck rub...if you want."

He cocks an eyebrow but doesn't object.

"Sure..." He says and sits up.

I place a knee on the bed and crawl my way towards him until I'm kneeling behind him. I stretch out my fingers around his neck. The sudden fact that I'm nervousness hits me like a title wave.

What's wrong with me? I'm never nervous around boys.

I take in a slow breath and then lay my fingers on the collar of his shirt. My fingertips soak in all the fibers, the smooth cotton rubs against the pads of my thumbs. My breath washes over his neck. The aroma of his aftershave swirls past my nose. Carefully I place my hands on the buttons of his shirt and begin to undo them. One by one until half of them are undone revealing his chest. I place my fingers on his collarbone. If the simple feeling of my fingers on his shirt was nerve wracking enough, imagine how I felt when my fingertips finally made contact with his skin. I set aside my nerves when in sight come two plum bruise like patches on his neck. My mouth twitches in sourness. I know exactly what these marks indicate and for some reason the bubbly light feeling in my chest vanishes.

"What's wrong-?" He begins to say and turns to look at me. The radiance of his blue eyes is beautiful. They're like to sapphires. I could loose myself in them. And I would have if it weren't for the loud banging of the door slamming against the wall that demands our attention at that exact moment. Both Cam and I whip our heads in the direction of the door where a fiery, blonde lurks in angry flames staring at us-no, at me, with fiery blue flames for eyes.

"You!" She spits fire at me pointing a leather gloved finger at me.

"Me?" I reply cocking and eyebrow and pointing a finger at myself.

"James didn't want to tell me, but I knew it!" Scarlett dashes at us, her heels clicking against the hard wooden floor.
"Scarlett hold on." Cam says as he stands up and tries to stop her from launching herself at me, claws out. He tightens his grips on her waist and slings her back. She staggers back unto the floor. Her face twisted with hurt, jealousy, and pure danger. It all happens too quick and then she pulling something our of her black designer bag. I don't fully understand what she's doing until a loud boom goes off and then something heavy and fast knocks me to the floor. A stinging pain erupts from the left side of my temple.

"Dammit Lilith!" I hear Cam's faint voice somewhere in the background but I'm loosing conscious."What the hell is wrong with you?!" I hear again, but this time I have the feeling he's not talking to me.

"Who do you think you're fucking with,
Cam?What were you two doing here all alone in your room?! " The sharp sound of skin against skin hits my ears.

For a second there's nothing but silence and then,"Y-y-you hit me?" Scarlett's voice cracks into pathetic cries.

"You're such a piece of shit. Rott in hell!" Followed by the sound of heels clattering on the floor and finished with the loud bang of a door closing.

I hear the thunderous sound of feet running to me,"Lilith, hold on. I'll get you a doctor." I hear Cam's calm and collected voice and then I'm being picked up.

My hair falls like a curtain to the side of my face as I'm being carried. It feels like my heart has been shoved in between my ears. The loud slow beats are like a ticking time bomb. Cam's blue eyes look down at me. They're the last thing I see before I pass out...

~