Ten|pt.2

Once I used to think that I was invincible. When I was five. I didn't think it was possible for me to get hurt. My mom and dad would never allow it. They were like superheroes. But one day my mom left me alone on my scooter and I fell. I scraped my knee. I remember crying until my eyes turned to puffy red pouches and my throat was sore. That was the day I realized I wasn't invincible. And even more that was the ignition of a new start. I learned pain first hand. When my parents fought from day to night. When my dad's countless affairs never stopped. When my mom drowned her sorrow in shopping sprees and alcohol. When I was left abandoned.

And now once again I was alone. I always have and always will be. I went my own path wherever it took me. Only that I suck as captain because lately I've taken a dark path...

The pounding had subsided but it still was there. Weighting me down. I felt the side of my temple pulsate, like a throbbing heart. A gust of breath swiveled through my lungs reviving me. I fluttered my eyes open, barely able.

"Lilith?" A blurry familiar face came into view.

"She finally woke up? That's good news." A new voice cuts in hovering over me is a man dressed in a black sweater with brown tired grey eyes and a worn leather face. "She's lucky, a few more centimeters to the left and we would have been in some serious problems. The bullet barely scraped her but it did knock her unconscious. She needs to rest and take some medication for the pain and she'll be back to her health in no time."

"Thank you for coming on such short notice." Cam's voice chimed in again.

"No problem Cameron, you're family to me. Now, sorry if I sound intrusive but how exactly did this happen again?"

I felt Cam's cool breath on my skin as he sighed heavily. "I'll explain on the way out, James keep and eye on her."

Both figures disappear from my view and then after that I heard nothing but footsteps.

Seconds later a new face showed up.

Brown coffee bean eyes stared intensely at me.

James.

For a second his hand blocked my view as he reached for a strand of hair sprawled out in front of my left eye. He slid it aside and sighed,"I tried to warn him. Scarlett is no joke. There's nothing more dangerous than an overpowered jealous girlfriend."

I don't know how but I found the strength to sit up. "Yeah, we'll she better not come near me again if she doesn't want me to rip her throat out." I replied with difficulty wincing at the pain on the side of my temple.

James cocks and eyebrow, amusement pools in his eyes,"Ooh, feisty. I don't know how Cam deals with girls like you and Scarlett. I personally like girls who are more down to earth and just want to have fun."

I eyed James with intensity, "Right, well whatever the case, I need to go." I replied standing up a bit too quickly and sending my head on a mad spinning cycle.

"Like I would let you leave. Sit or I'll make you." James said as he gently pushed me back down.

"No-I have to go. I'm late for school, my mom's probably worried sick about me, and my friends must still think I'm locked up." I lied shamelessly knowing that all those things were not true and that in reality I was just trying to leave before he came back. I didn't want to face him. Mostly because I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't know where I stood, and even more I didn't know what I was going to do about it.