Five

You would think that guns by now would terrify me. Wrong. At this point I'm fed up with them. I'm done with being the hostage. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret my next moves. I just wished I had planned them better. Maybe Cam wouldn't have gotten hurt in the first place.

I could see a tall figure from the corner of my eye. It's long arm held a hard gun that connected to my temple. And then I snapped.

"Can you fucking not!" I screamed at him. What happened next was a blur. All I saw was black as I slapped the gun away. Alex was caught off guard, but didn't hesitate to fire.

The loud boom echoed through the abandoned large room, followed by another one. A gush of blood burst out into mid air from Alex' s chest and he fell backwards with a grunt. My first reaction was to look down at my own body with wide eyes. I searched inch by inch looking for any injuries.

"I'm okay, I'm-"I breath out and then turned to look behind me at Cam who was supporting himself against a wall, holding a gun in one hand and holding his arm in the other. Scarlet dripped from the cracks in between his fingers and onto the floor making a small puddle of blood.

"Oh my god." I breathed out gaping wide eye at the blood. I pushed my hair out of my face and practically ran to Cam's side.

"I'm so sorry Cam. That was stupid. I didn't think things through. I'm so-"

"Calm down." He winced as he placed his gun in his waistband.

"How do you expect me to calm down?! You're bleeding! And it's all my fault! You're going to die! Omg! OMG! OH EMMM EFFEN GGGEE!!! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! What do I do?!!!-"

It happened so fast that after it did I still didn't know it had happened. A strong heavy hand clashed against my sensitive cheek knocking me out my panic.

"Lilith, please shut up. It's okay. We have to get out of here. Alex's men could be on their way, even worst Alex isn't dead. I missed a vital organ. He could get up any second."

I looked at Alex who was lying unconscious on the floor, and then back at Cam who was looking awfully pale. His  lips gasped heavily for air and I swear the puddle of blood on the floor had grown twice it's original size.

"What do you want me to do?"

Cam gripped his arm, and more blood oozed out. "First, I need you to stop the bleeding."

As soon as the words were out I sprang into action and ripped the bottom half of my tank top. The sound of thin cotton ripping filled the room.

"Hold your arm out for me." I ordered Cam who did as told. Then swiftly and quickly I tied the cloth around his arm. It soaked up all the blood, but the bleeding decreased gradually.

"Thank you, Lilith." Cam muttered as he reached over and stroked my cheek leaving behind a streak of blood. He then grabbed my hand and began to lead the way.

I tried to act like that little gesture didn't make my heart skip a beat, or that it hadn't sent my stomach on a mad summersault craze, or the fact that at the moment I was feeling a little light headed.

"Are you okay?" He asked after we stepped through a door into an empty parking lot. By now, the sky was a velvet dark blue with a few dots of light here and there indicating we were outside of the city.

"I'm fine, let's just get the hell out of here."

"Right." Cam pulled away from me and looked around us. His royal blue eyes landed on a black sleek car. The one we had been kidnapped and brought here in.

"Cam wha-" I began to ask but was abruptly cut off by the sharp sound of glass shattering as Cam slammed the elbow of his good arm into the drivers window.