Twelve

[Twelve]

"You smoke medical marijuana?" I asked in disbelief, as I watched Cam smoke a blunt.

"Yes, it's for my migraines. I get really bad ones, almost unbearable. That's why I had to get out of there, everyone was really irritating." He said as he smoked some more. I watched in disbelief as a very relaxed Cam leaned back on a leather couch with a cloudy expression in his eyes. When he'd said 'Lets go smoke a blunt' I had a different thing in mind, but I wasn't really disappointed.
I was glad Cam wasn't a drug user, although that was quite ironic considering his profession. Then I have the faint memory of Scarlett and Cam cuddling up on a couch back when I had first met them. The vivid image of Scarlett snorting up some white powder in my mind.

"So you don't do any other drugs?" I ask curiously, although I already knew the answer to that.

He places the blunt down on a nearby ashtray, clearly done using it,"No, I don't fuck with that." He chuckled, I could already see the marijuana taking effect. "Scarlet did, she was a coke head. I found it very unattractive." He looked up at me, his eyes burning into mine with so much intensity, that I wanted to look away."I loathe drugs.'" He said with so much poison that my skin prickled.

"Ironic, huh?" I replied jokingly trying to ease the mood, although knowing Cam, I probably shouldn't have said that.

He stopped smiling and fixed his gaze on me, narrowing those sapphire eyes at me,"Don't ever say that again,"He bit out, all amusement gone."I hate talking about this, I hate drugs, I hate my job, I hate being a criminal, and I hate hurting people." He added.

I looked at him dumbfounded. Had he just spilled out all his feelings about his work? To me? Man, that blunt had really loosened him up. I leaned in closer, placing a hand on his thigh affectionately,'Then why don't you stop?" I dared ask in a mear whisper scared that he would lash out at me.

Instead, to my utter disbelief, he smiled warmly at me and placed a hand on my cheek,"Because I can't. I'ts too late."

"No it's not. If you hate it so much, you should stop. No one is forcing you." I replied hating how cliché I sounded.

His smiled grew and then he was pulling me in for a one-armed hug,"No, I can't. You're cute, and all but you do not know my grandfather. He's a terrifying man." I had my face shoved in his chest, but at his words I looked up at Cam, who was looking at his lap, lost in his own thougts. I on the other hand was trying to grasp the idea of someone being more terrifying that Cam. Didn't really think that was possible, but if Cam himself said it, then it must have been true.

"How so?"

"He's kind of a mastermind. He has a sickness and uses it against my parents and me. My family's fortune, it was built on drug money that he worked for. Everything my parents have, everything I grew up with. Even my father's career is because of that money. My grandfather, he has cancer. He's been diagnosed for a whiled now, I'm surprised he's stil alive. But two years ago, when he was diagnosed, he 'talked' me into taking over. More like, guilted me, saying that everything I had was because of him. I should have known that the old hermit was just taking advantage of his weak state to make me feel bad for him. He threatened to ruin my father's career. I know, what kind of father would do that to his own son? Evil man, really. You see, his work has always been what's most important to him. He made a lot of enemies that would love to see him die, along with his business. But he's a stubborn one. He's all about power and shit. I could give two fucks, really. All I wanted was to go to college, marry a girl, not too pretty, but not too ugly. have a kid or two. You know, the usual stuff. But now I guess that's out of the question." He chuckled sarcastically and morbidly.

I didn't know I was crying until I felt the tears drip off my chin.

"Shit-" I whispered as I quickly tried to wipe of the tears, I hated crying infront of people. But it was jus so...unfair. He wanted what everyone else wanted, but couldn't have it. He who was so powerful and rich.

Cam must have noticed my crying because he lowered his head and looked up at me from under thick lashes, his expression worried,"Lilith, are you crying?" He asked as he grabbed my chin and tilted my head up so I would look at him.

"No-" I lied and quickly moved to wipe a fresh new tear.

"Stop it, you look ugly when you cry." He murmured as he wiped a tear away and brought me into a hug, turning around and laying back on the couch pulling me with him. I landed on top of him and his hands wrapped around me. I avoided his gaze, focusing intensely on the floor, which did not go unnoticed by him because he moved his head right infront of mine, blocking my view, and forcing me to look at those intense blue eyes, which were a little red from the marijuana.

I bit my lip nervously, as he held my gaze without a single blink. His eyes flickered to my lips once or twice before leaning in.

As his lips came down on me, I realized this was my first actual kiss with Cam. I tried to savor it as much as possible, promising myself to never forget the feeling of Cam's lips. They were cold but warmed up against mine. It wasn't the kiss itself that was so euphoric, but the thought of who it was from. I was kissing Cam Kingsley.

***

We had passed out on his couch for at least two hours. I would have said it was cute, but lets be honest, there's nothing sexy about drooling on the boy you like. I was still lying on top of a him, and had my left side of the face resting on his chest when I woke up to a puddle of drool soakings up his classy black shirt.

My eyes widened in horror as I quickly tried to wipe the drool off before he woke up and the soft vibration of his chest and a deep chuckle startled me.

"It's fine. It's just drool." He said slappig my hand away and sitting up."You really think I care when a few hours ago, I had my toungue down your throat?" He added as he stood up and looked at his watch.

"Alright, it's really late, I should probably take you home." He said as he grabbed his car keys from the coffee table.

I didn't really want to leave, but it was probably best considering I hadn't spent the night at home last night, and now that I really thought about, it was gonna suck not being with Cam. I could drool over him for nights and nights.

We got in his car, and drove in silence to my house. I wondered if I should introduce him to my mom, probably not. Who knows what kind of embarrassing things she would say about me. I don't think our relationship was ready for that yet.
When he pulled over at the curb of my house, I was confused to see a glossy, blue mustang at my driveway.

Had my mom bought a new car? I shook off the image of my mom driving it on the highway. Nope, definitely not.

Then who?

My question was soon answered when a tall, lean figure stepped out of the car. Even in the darkness I could make out those green eyes.

Nate.

****