Seven

~
It was a Saturday night and you could guess where I was.

Like every Saturday letting some steam off partying my ass off with Nate and Molly.

Old habits die hard.

So there I was half naked and laying on someone's parents mattress with some guy who had passed out naked next to me before we could get to second base.

What a disappointment.

What was worse was the pounding on my temples and that god damn loud siren.

Siren?

It all added up. The loud footsteps running around downstairs and why the music had stop.

I got up and pulled my shorts on and threw my shirt over my shoulder as I opened the balcony door. It looked awfully high, but I was drunk enough to believe that I would survive the fall. So I closed my eyes and jumped into the pool several feet down. The water hit my face with enough force to sting and bring me out of my drunk state. I floated back to the top and crawled out of the pool. Before anyone could notice me I ran out of the backyard through the fence in the back. The freezing water made my skin crawl with shivers against the cool, summer, midnight breeze. The wet denim clung to me like weights and I had lost my shirt in the pool. I hugged my lanky white arms to myself as my teeth clattered non stop.

I walked in my wet black Doc Martins which were heavier than usual. Nate and Molly were probably in the back of a police car by now. I would have to bail them out later. The worse part was that they were my ride, so I had to walk down three blocks in only shorts and a bra. I came across a bar which hopefully would have a pay phone I could use. My smart ass had dropped my phone in the pool. I walked in only to be stared at by all men.

No fuck duh, you're only wearing a bra and shorts.

"I-I-I J-j-just need to use the pay phone." I said to the bar tender who was more than ready to kick me out clearly convinced that I was under the age of twenty-one.

He pointed me to a pay phone with an amused look at what I wore. I muttered a 'Thank you' and shivered my way over to the pay phone. I grabbed it and was about to fail when I realized I had no fucking quarters with me.

Still, I searched my pockets, but came empty handed. In utter desperation I slammed the dam phone back into place.

"What's the matter, out of quarters...and apparently a shirt too."A very dark familiar voice cut through the bar chatter.

I turned around,"Nice to see you too, James."

James stood all tall and handsome looking down at me with dark sultry eyes that shamelessly stared at my boobs."Same to you." He smiled and then let his eyes meet mine,"Now, I'm guessing you're in need of quarters. I don't have any, but I do have a phone."

Wait. What the fuck. What is he doing here? Was he following me? Oh my god.  He probably was.

"That's great-can I b-"

"Of course you can, but not my phone."

Confusion crawled unto my face,"Whose then...?"

James smiled wickedly and turned on his heel with and outstretched finger.

"His."

I followed James' finger and sure enough all the way in the back, sitting by the bar with a drink in his hand was the infamous Cam.

His royal blue eyes met mine as he waved a hello.

Well, fuck me.

I crossed my arms and waved back at him, a smile spreading across my lips.

"Are you going to stand there and look at me like that, or are you going to come sit with me?"

I made my way towards him with James behind me. I could feel everyone's eyes on us, but I only cared about the pair of royal blue ones.

His eyes scanned me slowly taking every detail in, "What happened to you?" he said then took a drink of his alcoholic beverage.

"I jumped out of a balcony two stories high into a pool trying to escape the cops at a party." I said in a flat tone.

"You're so stupid, you realize that right?"He said as he stood up and shrugged out of his leather jacket.

"Here, take it. You'll catch a cold." He said as he handed it to me.

I tried to disguise the butterflies that flew through me at the small gesture as I placed the jacket over my shoulders.

"Thanks."I muttered as I sat down next to the barstool next to him.

"Did you get the money we agreed on?" I asked.

"Yes, I went to pick it up this morning. Every single dollar was there just like you said. "

"Good, now can I ask you a question?"

Cam raised a hand signaling the bar tender,"Sure, but it'll have to be in my car." The bartender arrived and took Cam's credit card.

"What about the phone call?"

"Who are you going to call? You're mother? I can take you home." He said as be stood up and began to walk towards the exit. I followed closed behind securing his jacket around me.

"What happened to staying away from you?" I asked now outside in the parking lot.

"Yeah, You honestly think we ran into each other by accident? Do you know how big this place is? I just wanted to talk to you one last time." He opened the passenger seat of his black BMW for me and held it open.

One last time..?

"Why?" I said as i stood there there staring at the open invitation.

This guy was a drug lord, Lilith.

So why the hell was I getting in?

"To talk." That didn't answer anything.

"Okay, but can I ask you the question from before?" he got in the driver's seat and stared the engine.

"Sure."

"Its about Nate." I could see his tendons turn white at the sound of Nate's name.

"What about him?" He asked through gritted teeth. His charm had disappeared and in place was a bitter hate for the idiot who had foiled his plans, and stolen from him.

I put my seatbelt on as he sped out of the parking lot,"I have a feeling you still hold a grudge against him for what he did to you. And so does he, believe me. He's scared to death-"

"He should be terrified."

"That's the thing. Could you do me a huge favor and just, I don't know...let it go?"

For the second time I was slung forward by Cam's abrupt driving as he stopped at a red light sending me forward.

"Ow!" I yelled rubbing at the red burn the seatbelt had created on my neck.

"Lilith, you're kidding right? Nate is an idiot. He deserves what's coming to him. Just let it be. Worst case scenario; I get really mad and beat him into a coma for a few weeks. Nothing too scary."

"Cam, you can't!"

"Says who? You?"

"Yes me, if you do anything to Nate I swear I will turn you into the police."

"What do you suggest I do with this anger then? How can I get it off my chest? How will I teach that brat a lesson?" By now he was snarling and his driving was getting reckless to the point he was running lights. I looked out the window and saw that we weren't anywhere near my neighborhood and that in fact we were on the opposite side of where I lived.

"Cam, are you even driving me to my house?"

"No."

"Then where the hell are you taking me?"

"I thought of a way to get this feeling of my chest. This anger I have for Nate. And you are going to help me. "

Oh shit, maybe I shouldn't have gotten in the car after all.

~