Fourteen

Sometimes the best thing to do was to close your eyes, and breath. When the world turns against you. When the light at the end of the tunnel seems unreachable, when you feel like crying and clawing your own heart out.

Moments like these.

So that's what I did.

I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath, and slowly exhaled.

"God dammit, you crazy bitch! Let me go!" I screamed suddenly, rage breaking through me as I thrashed violently like a fish out of water.

The loud boom of a gun went off and next thing I knew, one of the legs of the chair I was tied to broke off, and I collapsed into a very awkward and painful position.

I took that as my cue to shut up.

"Come on sweet heart, don't annoy me and make me kill you. I need you alive if we want to lure Cammie in." I heard Alex say from behind me and suddenly I was being picked up, chair and all and carried to the leather sofa in front of me still tied to the chair.

"I mean, it's not like we intend to keep you alive, but try to stay alive till that happens will you?" Scarlett's poisonous voice spoke to me from across the room where she leaned by the window staring out at it with a sadistic smile on her face and a gun in her hands.

I bit down on my tongue knowing my next words could end me. But seriously, this was beyond pathetic. Talk about holding grudges. And they had to drag me into this too, what would my parents say if they found out I managed to get myself kidnapped twice now?

I was terrified yes, but mostly angry. Angry that these two idiots couldn't get over their stupid little pride, and just leave me the fuck alone. What were they going to get out of this? Not to mention they wanted to hurt Cam. How dare they! And to use me as bait! I just wanted to punch both of them in the throats. But I was still conflicted about two things. Sure, I was scared for my life, but a part of me didn't want him to show up. I wanted to leave him out of this. For their stupid plan to fail. Another part of me wanted him to show up. To show me that he actually cared. But that would put him in danger. But if not him, would the police come to my rescue? Would they find me in time? And if Cam didn't show up, would I be okay knowing he didn't care enough to show up?

I looked down at my hands. Sadness pooling inside of me.

I knew very well the answer to that. As much as I hated to admit it, all one hundred percent of me wanted him to show up.

But the time ticked. And the days went by. Those dark thoughts of mine had been consuming me since I arrived here. I counted the times I saw the sun go down and the moon rise. Today it was the third time. I had been missing for three days now and I wondered if he'd even noticed. On the fourth time, I stopped looking at the door and accepted my fate.

He would not showed up.

~~

"Alright, you five take the backdoor. James will lead you." I pointed at five of my best men. They all nodded at the same time with a steel gaze as they held on tight to their guns.

"What about you, Cam?" James asked as he took out his silver handgun that he rarely used. James didn't like to get involved in shoot outs, rarely did. He preferred to do his dirty work behind his desk.

"I'll bring up the rest of my men through the front entrance." I replied as I looked down at my watch,"Remember, we have to do this in under twenty minutes. We go in, grab Lilith, and leave. I don't want any causalities if possible. Right now our goal is Lilith. It won't be long before the cops come. I'll deal with Scarlett and Alex later on my own terms."

"Very well, just give the sign." James said as he loaded his gun.
I took the extra gun out from my waistband and gave it to Nate who was at my side sweating bullets,"You sure you want to do this? You've never done this."

Nate ran a hand through his curly tangled hair,"Nah dude, for Lilith i'd walk trough fire." He said as he took the gun in his hands,"besides, this should be easy. Just like playing COD, right?"

I gave him a cold smile,"Of course. Minus the fact that you actually die if you get shot." I replied dryly,"This isn't a video game, Nathaniel. This is real and true. If you can't do it, it's fine. Just stay in the car until I come back with Lilith."

"Absolutely not. I got this. Have a little faith." Nate said as he looked at the large mansion in front of us. Eyes locked on bringing her back. For a
Second I admired him. The look in his eyes was something I found noble. And then I remembered I hated him and that all went away.

"Right." I replied and then we both loaded the guns at the same time as we marched on forward, James and the other men already disappearing behind the house.

I'm coming for you Lilith.
~