Twenty-Two

~~~

It's saddening to think of you. Even if you've forgotten me, I haven't forgotten you. And I think of you, your face, your eyes, your voice and it hurts. A hurt so deep and dark that wrecks the inside of my chest.  But in the end this was for the best, and the best isn't always the easiest thing to do. And even though at one point my world only spun for you, I will forget. Because that's what good girls do, and for once, I Lilith Gray, will be a good girl.

~~~

My breath hitched.

"W-who?"

The handsome detective turns back around and places his hand on the door handle, back to his casual demeanor.

"Cameron Kingsley. He's a notorious criminal. I actually thought this case had something to do with him, it's why I took it." He says as he places a foot out the door.

Out of natural instinct, a string of words come out my mouth before I can stop myself.

"How come?" I asked, showing a little too much interest and I have to remind myself to cool it.

The detective puts on a pair of dark sunglasses before responding," He's a very bad man." He simply says,"I'll come back around here if I need anything else. Thank you for your time, Lilith."

He says and begins to walk towards a sleek, black motorcycle parked on the edge of the curb.

Okay, so this fixed his problem, but j still had one of my own. The only reason why I decided to talk to him in the first place.

"Hold up!" I call out to him waving a hand from the front door.

He stops mid stride and turns to look at me, his hands crossed against his chest in a very "what now?" type of way.

"I'm being stalked by that crazy lady, remember? Can't you do anything to make sure I'm safe?"

He pulls out his wallet, takes something from out of it and then walks back towards me and hands me a small card. I look at it. It has his name and his contact information. When I look back up he's already walking away with his back towards me,"I'll see what I can do, call me if you feel the need to." He says seconds before boarding his motorcycle.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and headed back inside making sure to lock all the doors. Okay, so that was useless. All I managed to do was lie my ass off, and reopen new wounds of the heart. Fantastic.

I needed someone to talk to. I couldn't keep bottling these things inside. This was major shit I was going through. Not typical teenage problems. I called my shrink but she sent me straight to voicemail. In reality, I had no one. Nate was gone. Molly wouldn't understand. If anything, she'd probably make me feel more depressed about it. And it's not like her parents were letting me anywhere near her. Other than that, I was by myself. I was lonely. My mother blind as to what was going on in my world, and for some reason that was morbidly depressing.

"Miss Lilith, I'm done making dinner. Would you like to eat in the dinning table or do you want me to bring it up to your bedroom?" Maria's voice spooked me from behind and I was pulled out of my depressed kid thoughts.

"I'll eat the dinning room." I murmured.

Maria, she would understand. Maybe. Even if she didn't, I needed to get rid of all these poisonous thoughts.

I sat down and looked at the lasagna with hunger.

"Thank you, Maria." I said before taking my first bite.

"You're welcome, miss." She said before swaying her hips away.

"Wuait, heaavv dinner wif me." I said with a mouth full stopping her halfway out the door.

"I'm sorry, I can't. I have some laundry to do."

I swallowed the chunk, "Please?"

I must have looked so desperate to Maria. Desperate enough that she served herself a plate and sat next to me.

"What's troubling you?" She said in that thick accent of hers.

How did she know?

I chugged down a glass of milk before replying,"Well a lot. My best friend is dead. My other friend isn't allowed to talk to me anymore. I left the only boy I've ever loved. Oh, and some very bad people are after me. Plus, I lied to a cop."

When I looked up I was surprised to see Maria's sorrowful face.

"Jesus, Maria, Y Jose," she whispered leaning closer to me and taking my head in her arms. She hugged me closed to her chest,"You're lonely aren't you. At least that's the way you feel. You're mother is never here. And I know Lilith, I know that you're hurting. I've always known. You have so much hurt in your eyes when I look at you.  But you can always count on me. Tell me everything. Pour your heart out, I'm here for you."

That day, Maria became something more than just a maid. She became someone very special to me.

~~~
IG:sandilruiz
Twitter: sandi ruiz

I'm having a writers block at the moment.  anyways, here's something to keep things interesting for the moment. Thank you!

*leave feedback in comments, please!*