Eight

(Unedited)

"I'm not doing it."

"Lilith?"

"Nope, you can't make me, Cam."

"Are you sure about that?"

We both made eye contact for a minute or two. Enough to let chills run down my body as his royal blue eyes tore through me like knifes.

"You can't hurt him, Cam." I finally said as I turned to look out the window.

Why had I agreed to this in the first place? I asked my self as we sped through the streets of Chicago. Even worst, why wasn't I in my bed safely tucked in sleeping like every other teenager on a Saturday night? But no, instead I was inside a car with a notorious criminal, driving through the streets like we were in Tokyo Drift, headed to my best friend's house to do who knows what to him.

"Is this where he lives?" Cam said as we came to a smooth stop outside of a grand white estate. The fence was locked, so I had no idea how Cam was going to get in.

Although I did know the pass code required to open the gate, but Cam didn't need to know that.

"This is it." I reassured him.

Cam parked the car on the side of the curb and then opened the trunk. I watched in horror as he took out a grey steel bat.

"What the hell, Cam? No!" I whispered shouted eyeing the bat.

"Relax," he said and reached for something in his waistband. His hand came back with a gun," If I really wanted to hurt him, I would use this."

"Cam, if you dare put a single finger on Nate, I will call the police." I warned with a steady malicious voice then headed towards the gate and began to punch the code in. The fence opened with ease letting both of us in. I led the way down the driveway.

I don't think I had ever felt so traitorous in my life. This was my best friend after all. He'd gotten me involved in some serious shit, but at the same time he was Nate. The little boy who slept over on Friday nights and watched teen titans on Saturday mornings with me.

I came to an abrupt stop, and Cam who was right behind me clashed against me.

"What's wrong? Having second doubts." He whispered, his cool winter breath nipped at my neck and ear.

And then I remembered how I had trusted Cam with my life and how he had fulfilled his promise of getting me out of that warehouse alive.

"No."

"If you're still worried that I'm going to hurt your little boyfriend, don't be. I promised I wouldn't, so just show me where his car is and we'll be on our way."

His car?

"It's in that garage, but I have to type the code in first." I pointed at a huge white garage door.

Cam rested the bat over his shoulder and put a hand around me,"Damn, this kid and you are serious aren't you? I bet he even gave you his social security number." He smirked and then walked off towards the garage door with me on his tracks.

I mischievously looked over my shoulder out of habit and then to my left and right before quickly typing in the code. After a few seconds the door opened revealing a shiny brand new black Range Rover. Next to it parked a white glossy Mercedes Benz who was Mr. Goldwater's pride and joy.

"You do realize he's going to have a heart attack when you see what you did to his car right? I mean this is his third car. Another one and his dad is making him take the bus. That's social suicide if you're the son of a lawyer and a Senior in high school."