Recovery Stage

Michael's POV

I didn't even want to be conuseled anymore. I had cancelled the counselor to show up. I was still stuck on what Matthew called my son. A white baby!? What the hell? Beyoncé saw me in utter shock and walked over to me. "Michael baby, you okay?" Her concerned brown eyes burning into me. "I'm fine..." I lied. "I'm just overwhelmed." I smiled and walked into the living room.

The bitter sweet feeling of Christmas left me wanting to be dead. Why did Matthew even say that? He wasn't even here for the twins, he could've at least been here for Blanket! "Daddy?" I looked down and saw Prince staring at me. "What's up buddy?" I knelt down. "What's this?" I asked as I grabbed the paper from him. "It's a drawing, daddy." I smiled.

"Wow kiddo. You did really good and you didn't color outside the lines." Prince smiled proudly. "Daddy can we go play outside?" I nodded. "Sure we can. Come on." Prince grabbed his ball and ran out the back door in excitement. I smiled and began to play ball with him. Prince was so good at throwing and catching. I didn't have an athletic bone in my body, but my son did. Maybe he wasn't going to sing and dance, maybe he would play sports. I didn't care. I wanted to boy to be happy doing whatever he wants.

Prince and I played til it was dark outside. Bey stepped into the doorway with Blanket in her arms. "Come on you two! Dinner's almost done!" I smiled and glanced down at Prince, who was running around. "Aww momma!" "I'm sorry baby, but we gotta eat. If you wanna keep playing ball you gotta feed that tummy of yours." Prince looked down and thought about it. "Okay!" He said.

He dashed into the house. I laughed as I followed him. That kid was something special.

Bey and I looked around at the Christmas decorations. "Isn't it beautiful?" She whispered. After dinner, we put the kids to bed and we both curled up against each other. Beyoncé gently took my hand in hers. I looked down at her and smiled. "What?" She whispered. I shook my head. "Just...working on myself...." "Oh really? You forgot how to behave?" Bey asked in a joking manner.

"Something like that," I joked back. Bey laughed and hugged me tightly. Her eyes twinkled against the dim lights. "I feel complete again," she admitted. I gently stroked her hair. "Do you now?" Bey nodded. "I guess we should go to bed," Bey said as she yawned. I chuckled. "I don't wanna move," I announced sleepily. Bey looked up at me with a longing look. "What?" I whispered. Bey sat up and took a deep breath.

"Beyonce what's bothering you?"

"Nothing...I'm so sleepy." She yawned again and grabbed my hand. "Bed." Bey pulled me to her room. "Goodnight Michael." "Goodnight Beyonce." We both stared at each other for a full five minutes. The space closed in suddenly and her lips were just under mine. "Goodnight Michael," she repeated.

I grinned as I leaned down and kissed her. Bey wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down to her. Something slowly sparked again. I took a deep breath as I stepped back. "Goodnight Beyonce." Bey chewed her bottom lip and grinned slyly. "Go to your room," I whispered. "I'm already there...baby." I felt myself light up in excitement. "Don't tempt me."

I turned on my heels and walked to my room. "You wanna have a sleepover?" Bey called out. I stopped in my tracks. "An adult sleepover?" Bey grinned. "Something...like...that." "Not tonight," I said. Bey frowned. "You sure?"

"Positive, Bey. Sleep tight." Bey closed the door to her room and I guess it was best if I did the same too.

Carmela

She walked into the doctor's office. She remembered what the man on the phone told her. "Don't let anyone tell you you're wrong. Do this because he hurt you." Carmela cleared her throat as she walked into the office of Nicole Reese, P.H.D. This was Michael's personal doctor; luckily she came back to her office in L.A. just for a few days. Carmela had the frozen sperm in a container in her purse. She was instructed to take it out with a turkery baster and freeze it. Luckily, Carmela had done so in time and had a little piece of the King of Pop with her.