Growing Pains

Michael's POV

I pulled out a painbrush and tied my har back. Dana, Janet, and I were in a spare bedroom next to my room. That was the nursery. "So, we're going with yellow since we have a boy and a girl," I said. Dana nodded as she moved the last of the furniture out and covered the white carpet. "Hm, should we get the carpet darker?" Janet shook her head. "Looks fine Michael. We have to keep it bright." I nodded as I pryed open the paint bucket. The fresh paint looked so tempting to splash on Janet and Dana, but of course it was Prince and Princess first.

I smiled. Prince and Princess. Michael and Bey. Daddy and Mommy. Husband and Wife. "Michael, you ready?" I nodded as I grabbed a paint brush. "Let's get it started!"

Beyonce's POV

Katherine and I walked around the store. Michael, of course, called ahead and told that we were going to be in the department store, so they shut it down just for us. "Oh isn't this cute for the boy!" Michael's mother squealed. I turned at look at the little blue train enginer outfit for Prince. I smiled. "He'll look so adorable in!" We walked around Carter's trying to get outfits ready. "Beyonce dear," Katherine whispered as we went through a rack together. "You never told me that twins's name." I twiddled with the toddler's clothes and sighed.

"The boy is named Prince-Monroe Michael Jospeh Jackson and the girl is Princess Teairra Mari Katherine Jackson." Michael's mother stopped what she was doing and froze. She smiled and looked at me.

"You're just what Michael needed Beyonce, and I feeled so honored to be the grandmother of your babies and to have your little Princess be named after me. It means a lot, girl. It really does." Katherine's soft voice was identical to Michael's; slow, calm and never enraged. "We should be heading back. We've spent all day out here." I nodded and walked out the store. The mall was shut down too; leaving me, Katherine, and the employees left to stay.

I walked to the food court and ordered from the White Castle booth. Katherine stared at me. "Don't ask. I used to hate White Castle, but now I love it!" I dove into my meal and devoured it in minutes. I felt a small kick in response. "I know. Nap time is coming up," I said to my twins. I rubbed my stomach and smiled. Katherine was cheesing. "May I?" I nodded. "Sure, you can." Katherine cautiously placed her hand on my stomach. She smiled just like me. "You've made his life so much better Beyonce," Katherine whispered. I smiled. "I didn't think I did," I confessed softly, "thought I was kinda a handful." Katherine laughed. It had the same sweet sound Michael had.

"We should be heading back soon. Michael likes to worry." That was very true. Michael was overprotective of his friends and family. He would as well check on us, but today he never called me on my phone. I checked it and frowned. It was blank. I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed all our bags. Security surrounded us as we walked out the mall into the frenzy chaos of fans.

"I love you Beyoncé!!"

"Marry me!?"

"Why are you so beautiful!?"

I climbed into the SUV and slipped into my seat. Katherine sighed. "I can't handle it. I'm surprised Michael can deal with it. He's such a shy person." If only Katherine knew how Michael really was; she'd freak out lose her mind. I chewed my bottom lip as I felt the car speed through the eager fans;  waiting to catch a glimpse of little old me. 

I walke up the steps to Neverland. As soon as I steped into the house, I heard pop music playing from all the way upstairs. "....what in the world?" I muttered. I walked up the steps and down the hallway. Michael was singing as loud as he could while vacuuming the bedroom. 

"Very superstitious," Michael sang loudly. I watched in amusement as he moonwalked across the carpet and did a spin. He yelped and striked a pose before noticing me. He froze in place. I watched as his cheeks quickly flushed a bright red. I laughed. "Nice moves," I teased. Michael straightened up his shirt and smiled.