Ego

Michael's POV

I sat erect in bed. Beyonce slept in a hotel room all by herself that night after her episode. I sighed. I needed a smoke. "To bad I don't know where to get a cigarette." I pinched the bridge of my nose and laid back down. It was three in the morning and today was the today Bey kicked off her tour. I crossed my arms and began to pout. I wanted to understand why Bey was so upset? I haven't slept with Tatiana unlike Bey who slept with Cruz. My lips twisted into a frown. "I'm gonna call her." I snatched up my cellphone and dialed Bey's number. "I know she isn't sleep. She doesn't sleep the night before a big concert." 

The phone rang. And it rang. And it rang until I reached her voicemail. I groaned and tossed my phone to the side. I called her hotel room and she picked up. 

"Hello?" 

I didn't know what to say. Was I sorry? Did I desperately need my wife, my everything back in my arms? 

"Hello?" Bey asked again, this time more irritable. I sighed and hung up. "What the actual hell Michael?" I whispered, "what is wrong with you?" I looked up at the dark ceiling until I heard my cellphone ring. I grabbed it and answered slowly. 

"Yes?" "Why are you playing phone tag with me at three in the morning Michael Jackson?" I giggled softly and laid down on the pillow. "Do you still think that I tried to make a pass at Tatiana?" I whispered. Beyonce huffed into the phone. "I don't know...maybe." I sighed. "Well there goes our trust." I heard Bey chuckle. "Yeah looks like the two biggest superstars are having trust issues with each other." I nodded. "How are my babies?" I asked. Beyonce sighed. "Prince is sleep and Princess is....drinking her milk. Poor baby." 

"Did you sing to her?" I asked. "Of course I did Michael." "I'm just checking. She usually goes to sleep right after I sing to her." Bey paused. "Looks like your voice is the magic touch," she whispered softly. I smiled. "Michael?" Bey asked. "Yes Princess?" 

"Do you hate me?" 

I gasped. "What type of question is that?" I almost shouted. "After all I've put you through. The attack, the affair, my loud and obnoxious self....I kinda see why Jay would do the things he did." "Don't you dare say that," I sternly ordered. I found myself standing up in my room and putting on my house shoes. I put on my shirt and walked out my room down to hers. "I mean...I don't know. I can be a bit out landish," Bey said. 

"Yeah you can be, but that doesn't mean I'd hit you and beat you continuously." 

I stood at her door. "Babygirl open the door." "Huh?" "Just do it." I hung up and waited until Bey opened the door. She dropped the phone. "Hi," I said. "Hey." Bey smiled and looked down. "Can we start over?" I whispered, "no more accusations and no more crazy questions?" Bey blushed. "Of course. I'm Beyonce." She held her hand out. I laughed. 

"I'm Michael." I shook her hand and kissed it softly. I could tell in her smooth brown eyes that she hadn't felt that certain electricity in a while. I smiled and stepped closer. "Now where did we leave off?" I asked as my eyes focused on Bey. Bey's eyes focused on the bed. "I know where," she whispered. 

Beyonce's POV

I woke up at six. I had to be at the arena in two hours. I saw that Michael was gone and back in his room. I smirked. "Like we had a one night stand." When I walked to my bathroom there was a small note written in Michael's chicken stratch of a hand writing. 

Maybe for once we can forget everything that's happened before we met each other. It has been nothing but complete bliss with you Ms. Bey. No wonder you're a wonderful singer you can hold your breath for a long time.

P.S. You sure do have a deep throat ;) 

I smirked and stretched my jaws out. I sure did do that last night. I laughed and took my shower. I began humming while I was cleaning myself up. I had to wow everyone today. My first tour since I left Destiny's Child. I gotta kill it. I washed up pretty good and stepped out. My hair was preserved from last night's activities so I really didn't have to do much until show time. My brown and blond hair was in wild curls all over my face so I was good. I put on my bra and undies and brushed my teeth. The twins were up crawling around.