Domesticated Paradise

Beyonce's POV

I cradled Prince in my arms as I fed him. It almost two months now since they were born. I gently kissed him. He looked like me according to Michael. Prince's little was crowned him with black curls. I was sitting in the living room. Michael was helping out with one of his nephew's music videos today. This was the first time he left me alone with the twins. I looked over and saw Princess in her bouncer staring at us. She was gnawing on her hand.

The doorbell suddenly rang. I frowned and stared at the both of them. "Now, who is this at this hour?" I put Prince in his matching blue bouncer and opened the door. I froze in my tracks. Joseph, Michael's father, stood there. "Hello Beyonce." The tension between us was strong. I squeezed the door knob until my palm began to sweat. "May I come in?" I hesitated. I don't think Michael would be cool with this. I chewed my bottom lip and noticed the big blue bag in Joseph's hand. "I brought a gift for the twins. It's from Katherine," he awkwardly stated. I nodded and decided to open the door and let him in.

Mr. Jackson walked in and saw the twins in their matching bouncers in front of the TV. "They're watching cartoons at a young age." "It's educational. Michael's been reading to them every since I found out I was expected," I replied as I took the bag. I peeked inside annd noticed the teddy bear in the bag and a few baby clothes. "Katherine knitted a little scarf for them and other things." I nodded and placed them on the coffee table. Prince was looking up at Joseph while hugging his foot. "He's a beautiful little boy," Joseph whispered. I smiled and reached for Prince's bouncer and pulled it closer to me.

"Yeah, he takes after me. Princess is Michael's little girl clone." Joseph nodded. "Would you like anything?" Like would you like to leave?! I sighed and sat quietly. "No, I need to speak to you Beyonce." I chewed my lip and felt my protective instinct kick in.

"I don't want you influencing Michael in any way. He needs to focus on this album. Just because you laid down and got pregnant doesn't mean he's going to stay with you. He only fell in love with you was because of your ass, and that seems to be going away too. You better stay out of his way in the business. That little song you two did together....was crap. Michael is on a whole 'nother level compared to you. I'm just stating the obvious."

My bottom lip quivered as each word sunk into my head. "He's only here because of those kids." Joseph stood up and headed towards the door. "And by the way, Bey." I looked up. "You're turning whiter than Michael."

I watched as Joseph left the house. My body was frozen in anger. I couldn't even fathom what just occured. Did Joseph really just saw all those things? I looked down at the twins and back at the door. I quickly disposed of the gift bag. "Fuck you too."

I waited until Michael came home to tell him what happened. "He WHAT!!?!" Michael's face was red with anger. I tried to calm Michael down, but he wasn't even listening. "I wish....he would come back! I want him to!" Michael hissed. I grasped Michael's head and forced him to look at me. "I don't care Michael. You know I don't care. You're the only one I care about, next to those babies. Joseph is just upset." I sat Michael down on the edge of the bed and kissed his forehead.

Michael sighed and hugged me, while burying his face into my stomach. "You want to run away?" He whispered. Michael peeked at me through his eyelashes. His soft and calm voice returning after a few moments of silence. I smiled. "I already have boy." I knelt down in front of him and kissed him. "I see yah!!!" I groaned and turned around. Solange stood in our bedroom in my clothes.

"Solange, why do you have on my jeans, shirt, and shoes?! Are you that poor or something?!" Solange smiled. "I love you Bey. I'm just watching the free show. Now Michael, push her on the floor and rip her shirt and talk dirty." Solange sat in the chair by the door and smiled eagerly.