Lady And The Wolf- Hendrixx

"Fate is tricky and her time is limited. She can love without reason, and forgive without thought - that is her curse and her gift. Be that as it may, the wolf will remain by Red Riding Hood's side for all eternity, for she is a lady, and he, a monster." - Aleksandra.

Van Volkov is the alpha of his centuries old wolf pack and has sworn to protect the humans and creatures that live within his domain. He has an age old grudge against humans, but an oath made upon his rise as the new alpha is sacred and, although he still clings on to that resentment, he must uphold his promise. When a rogue wolf pack invades his territory, things turn ugly when humans are hunted down on a local campsite and slaughtered. As he inspects the site, he is inevitably lead to a little girl hiding in a cave after witnessing the death of her family. Moments before Van can kill her and put her out of her misery himself, he ends up rescuing the child. Shortly after he leaves her side, Van is coerced by his brother to watch over the girl, although he vows never to acknowledge his good deed or the worthless human ever again.

Aira Blight was six years old when she witnessed her entire family’s death. Taken in by a doctor and his kind wife, Aira slowly but surely recovers from the trauma. As she grows, Aira is supported financially and academically by a supposed stranger, but she knows her saviour is watching over her, and her one wish is to help the stoic and untamed Van feel compassion and love - the same sort of compassion and love he has shown Aira her entire life - although he may not know it.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3    12/10

AAAAAGH! Flipping cheeseburgers this book is amazing! I am always captivated by it and it hooks me every time and leaves me wanting more by the end of every chapter, it's one of the only books that has made me excited about when I get an update- and that's saying something! I love it to pieces! I mean Aira's life wasn't good as a young child but she then had loving new parents...and Van! Van just needs to open his eyes a little and see things for once that are blaringly obvious and right in front of him! I have already figured it out! So he should figure it out too- c'mon, I am blonde and I know! (No discrimination to blondes, I go to a grammar school) READ THIS BOOK!

-Ally xx

P.s thank you for every vote you give me, I would also like your suggestions for books to read! Thanks again xx