Chapter 19: Percy

Chapter 19: Percy

            A PILLAR NEARLY CRUSHED PERCY.

            He looked up and gasped, Polybotes laughing at the fact that a pillar was tumbling down. Percy jumped out of the way, and Jason shot up into the air like a bullet.

            “Did you miss me, Percy Jackson?” Polybotes sneered. He did a dramatic hair flip, causing the green basilisks to hiss loudly. “I didn’t miss you, considering the fact that I chased you around Tartarus.”

            Jason looked down at Percy, his eyebrows pulling together. “Polybotes, that’s a little shady,” Jason said slowly. “Are you sure you’re not a stalker?”

            Polybotes suddenly scowled, the smirk falling from his face. He held out his huge hand, and a trident sprung from midair. A net was attached to the shaft of the trident. Barely glancing at Jason, Polybotes roared and threw the net.

            Immediately Jason was trapped in the net. He tumbled out of the air and landed hard on the ground. His blue eyes glowed angrily, and he easily ripped the net away from his body.

            “I don’t like you,” Polybotes decided. “You’re Jason Grace, hm? My mother told me you would be hard to get rid of.”

            While Polybotes was distracted, Percy surged forward and stabbed Riptide into his foot. Ichor flooded from the wound, and Polybotes roared out in pain.

            Before Percy could run out of the way, Polybotes batted him aside. Percy flew backwards and slammed into a pillar. Pain flooded through his body, and he sluggishly got to his feet. He was aware that his elbows were all scraped up, blood trickling down his arms. He gripped Riptide tighter.

            Polybotes was stronger. He radiated more power, and Percy could feel himself grow weak. Polybotes was sucking the power of the ocean away from Percy, despite the fact that the ocean was right there.

            Jason was flying through the air. He would have resembled a blonde Peter Pan, but his face was twisted up with anger. He held his sword over his head and gave a cry. Lightning struck the sword and Jason aimed the blade towards Polybotes.

            The lightning strike struck Polybotes, but the giant only grew annoyed. He glared at Jason before batting him out of the air.

            Jason slammed into a pillar on his way down. Percy winced as he watched his friend crumple to the ground. He wanted to make sure Jason was okay, but Polybotes suddenly turned his attention to Percy.

            “If you two are supposed to be the strongest demigods alive, I’m very disappointed,” Polybotes rumbled. “I wonder how the other demigods are…”

            Percy could feel anger welling up in his chest. “Shut up, Polybotes,” he warned. “Jason and I are going to kick your butt. You’ll be sent down into Tartarus again, but there will be no way out.”