Chapter 17: Frank

Chapter 17: Frank

            FRANK HAD TO FIGHT TWO GIANTS.

            He was terrified. Fighting one giant was already challenging, but fighting two giants would be nearly impossible. He honestly had no idea how to defeat them.

            Percy and Jason had said the two giants were different. That was really all they said, along with the mention of Wonder Bread.

            Frank already knew he hated Ephialtes and Otis because he had a strong dislike for Wonder Bread.

            As Frank split off from Annabeth and Piper, he focused on his shape shifting. The change from his human form into his animal forms was becoming easier to make. He barely had to think to shape shift anymore. He felt much more powerful now, and much more confident.

            He held his bow tighter in his hand. He already had an arrow drawn in place, prepared to fight. Every step he took, he looked around, his hands clenching.

            The Theatre of Dionysus was huge. It was at the bottom of a sloping hill. The stage was crumbling with age, along with the rows of seats. The rows of seats seemed endless.

            Even though this theater was huge, Frank knew two giants could not hide. They were probably much too big to crouch behind the seats. There wasn’t enough brush to conceal them.

            So where were Ephialtes and Otis?

            When Frank arrived at the bottom of the hill, he walked onto the crumbling stage. He turned around to gaze at the seats. He couldn’t see any signs of giants.

            Behind him, he heard something crumbling. He spun around quickly, aiming his arrow where the sound was coming from.

            The back of the stage was crumbling. There was a large boom, and large chunks of the stage crumbled away. Two giants sprung up from the earth, coming up from under the stage.

            They were short for giant standards, around twelve feet tall. They were both wearing multi-colored flower shirts and long blue jeans. They both wore sandals, and Frank could see their feet were snakes. (That wasn’t a pretty sight to see.)

            One of them had long purple hair. It was braided back, gold and silver coins stuck in his hair. He had a huge spear strapped to his back.

            The other one looked identical to his brother- same clothes, same huge spear. The only difference was that his hair was green.

            The one with the purple hair looked at his brother before wailing, “Otis! You’re so unoriginal! Stop copying me!”