Awkward

Aya’s POV

“I’ll be heading to school now Juno-kun, be good to Jao-san okay?” I said goodbye to Juno and left him at my neighbour’s house. Jao-san’s been taking care of Juno-kun since I moved her in Kyoto. I always leave Juno-kun here whenever I go to school or any of Rakuzan’s games.

I was on my way to school when Daisuke-kun suddenly appeared from behind a post. I think he was waiting for me here.

“Aya-chan, ohayo” he greeted me with a warm smile.

I smiled back. “Ohayo, Daisuke-kun”

“Let’s walk to school together, ne?” he suggested, tilting his head to the side as I replied with a nod. “Sure” We walked to Rakuzan High in silence, neither of us bothering to open up the topic during the fieldtrip which was a week ago. After Daisuke-kun asked that if he could court me, I was completely speechless. I didn’t know what to say, instead, I just told him that if he can wait for my answer. He positively took it and told me he’d wait which made me relieved and just focused on moving on from Aka-kun before giving my heart to someone else.

“Ne, Aya-chan, the results of the tests is coming out today right?” he remembered making me flinch out of nervousness because I doubt I did well in the exams. I forgot to copy notes didn’t I? Even though Daisuke-kun lent me his, I didn’t have enough time to study or even if I did, it took a while for all the information to sink into this tiny brain of mine. I’m really stupid. Daisuke-kun must’ve noticed the frank look on my face and glanced at me and asked why I looked like I’m constipated.

“I-I’m not Daisuke-kun! I’m just nervous about my results of the exams, that’s all!” I defended myself, my cheeks started to blush.

“Why? Did you have a hard time answering the tests?” he questioned as I sighed and nodded.

“I didn’t really study well, even though you lend me your notes” my head went down, and I gloomily walked in the entrance of Rakuzan High. Because of my clumsiness, and I wasn’t looking where I was going, I bumped my head onto someone’s chest making step back a little. “Ah, gomen—” my heart skipped a beat when I saw who it was. “A-Akashi-kun” my eyes widened when I saw his blunt expression towards me again. I’ve been receiving this since after the fieldtrip. We never talked after that. It hurts. “S-Sumimasen”

“Seijuro” Daisuke-kun became weary when I and Aka-kun came in contact again. The past week has been… awkward. Since I’m the basketball club’s manager, I always see Aka-kun every after class. And I’m also a class representative and he happens to be the student council president making it harder for me to avoid him. If I wanted to move on, I must not see him first. But due to the upcoming festival at our school, I can’t help but to talk to him about my class’ contribution to the festival. That’s the only talk between us. Business and school stuff; nothing else.

Aka-kun looked at Daisuke-kun and I then continued to walk to his class, not even bother to greet us; as if we were ghosts he didn’t see.

“Aya-chan—”

“We should head to class” I said and smiled at Daisuke-kun.

TIMESKIP~

“Tsubasa-san, do you have a minute?” I was currently fixing my stuff during dismissal time when the vice president of the student council came approaching me with paper works placed on my desk.

“Sure, Isao-san” I replied as he patted the stack of paper work on the desk. “You’re club mates with Akashi-san right?” I nodded curtly and felt nervousness about where’s this about to go. “Good, can you give this to him during club? It’s all the class’ forms on their contributions for the upcoming school festival next week” I should’ve known… I sighed exhaustedly and closed my eyes. “Hm, is something wrong?”