An Old Friend

NEXT DAY. Saturday.

Seijuro woke up to smell food being cooked early in the morning. He sat up from his bed and went downstairs finding that Aya was preparing breakfast for them. Aya noticed him and beamed. "Aka, you're awake! Gomen, I haven't finished cooking the rice. Please wait for a few minutes until it's done--" "Why are you cooking breakfast today?" he questioned because it was a Saturday. And usually, Aya doesn't cook breakfast on Saturdays; instead, they just eat breakfast at the pastry shop Aya favored. "O-Oh, gomen Aka-kun, it's because I'm not free today..." Aya trailed off feeling guilty. "Yuuko-chan invited me to go shopping--" "Yuuko who?" "Are? Momoka-chan..." Aya wondered why Seijuro was cranky as he gave a hard stare. "Okay, just go home before 8" he stated and sat on the dining chair. "Huh, Aka-kun, didn't Yuuko-chan told you about the party?" Seijuro's eyes widened and glanced at her. "I'm not going"

"You're not?" Aya's voice had a hint of surprise. She placed her finger on her lip and had a worried look. "Maybe I shouldn't too..." she stared at the ceiling. "You're going?" Seijuro quizzed, his eyes narrowing at her. "Oh, Y-Yuuko-chan invited me yesterday together with Nobuyuki-kun and the others... so I..."

"Why did you agree?" Seijuro stood up his voice raising. Aya flinched and looked guilty at the ground. "Yuuko-chan told me to come... she told me that if I'd come, you'd come--" "But you know I don't like coming to her parties Aya" Seijuro took a step closer and pinned her at the wall. Aya raised her head looking at the red head, as her eyes widened slowly. She saw someone she didn't she didn't knew. He wasn't the Seijuro Akashi, her boyfriend, but the other side of him. "W-Who are you?" she whispered. "Next time, don't decide things on your own, Aya" his voice was cold. He left her there and proceeded upstairs, leaving her frozen there. Her feet pasted on the ground as she knelt on her knees, her hands supporting her body from collapsing. "What... what happened just then...?”

TIME SKIP.

Aya waited at the mall waiting for Momoka, staring blankly at the sky. She was wondering what happened at the house. She was like in her zone but she wasn't playing basketball. Even a voice that suddenly appeared didn't startle her. Instead, she calmly looked at her side to see Tetsuya standing there, staring with his icy blue eyes at her. She blinked and realizes it was a friend of hers and greeted him. "Ohayo, Kuro-chan"

 "Aya-kun, what are you doing here alone? Where's Akashi-kun?" Tetsuya asked. Aya's eyes narrowed for a bit and it softened. It hinted a sign of pain. "Well... Aka-kun's at their house right now" Aya answered looking down. "But I thought his family went to America?" Tetsuya questioned curiously, tilting his head to the side. "Y-Yeah, but..." Aya's voice cracked as she wiped her eyes before tears could escape them. "Aka-kun..." Tetsuya noticed this and looked down at her fidgeting hands. Whenever she fidgets them, there was troubling her. "So then, I guess you have a free day today?" he assumed and took her hand and was about to start walking--"Kuro-chan matte!"--Aya's phone rang. She picked it up and heard Momoka's screechy voice. "Aya-chan! Sorry I can't make it today because... err. Something came up and I have to fix it right away!" Momoka said. "U-Urusai Se--I mean, S-Seiruka! Yeah! Seiruka!" she was talking to another person.

"Eh? Yuuko-chan, who's Seiruka?" Aya wondered. "N-No one Aya-chan don't mind me! Anyway, just go have your saturday and do fun stuff with your friends or whatever,  and don't forget about the party later okay! bye!" Momoka sounded she was on a rush and hung up. Aya stared at her phone questionly, and glanced at Tetsuya. "What was that all about, Aya?" Tetsuya asked. Aya shrugged. "I don't know either, Kuro-chan" she said, sighing then smiled. "Well the good thing is I'm free today, so I can hang-out with Kuro-chan!" Tetsuya's eyes narrowed for a bit then softened. He just gave her a small smile as both of them started walking around the mall.