Last Night

“Oka-san?” Seijuro called as he entered the dark gloomy of his mother where he saw her laying upon the soft covers of her bed. Satomi Akashi, looked weak with pale white covering her skin that revealed traces of bones showing the sign of weight loss. The young red head walked over to her slowly and saw his father sitting beside her mother, holding her hand. “Oka-san…”

Satomi looked over to her son and revealed a weak smile on her face at the sight of his. “Seiju…” a weak hand stretched for him to go closer.

Pain struck his face when he saw his mother’s condition. ‘She’s sick’. He clamped his hand with hers and hugs her while burying his face on her chest. “Oka-san…” his voice broke tears rolling down his face. Satomi cupped his face and held him closer. “Oka-san… please, tell me you’re going to be okay…” he begged sadness invading him.

“Seijuro…” Seiro put his hand on his son’s shoulder with worry. Satomi shook her head at her husband and pulled her son’s face away so they could face each other.

“Seiju… promise me you’ll be a good boy to your father and to others okay?”

“Oka-san…”

Satomi smiled at him and stroked his hair, admiring it’s colour. “Always be polite to people and respect them, especially the elderly…” she continued as the two red heads watch her. “And also take care of yourself so you’ll be strong and protect the ones you love… and never ever forget to love others… like the way you love, oka-san okay?”

“And also… don’t forget about me…”

Seijuro’s eyes widened in confusion, wondering the reason behind his mother being like this. Why was she telling him this? Are they going to part ways so she’s reminding him things? And how could he forget someone so dear to his heart? “Oka-san, I don’t understand… why are you telling me this?”

The smile disappeared from her face as pain flickered in her eyes. “Let’s just say… oka-san just wants you to grow up as a fine young man, and would be the one behind it, because I even if I’m not around… I want you to remember that I’ll always be your mother that will love you forever…” her smile returned as her eyelids grew heavy, like she wanted to sleep.

“I love you Seiro… Seijuro…” the hand cupping Seijuro’s cheeks fell. The doctor who was with them in the room checked on her pulse and closed his eyes in sorrow. “Time of death, 12:58 pm”

Seijuro held her hand. “O-Oka-san?” his tears soaked the blankets.

—“Akashi-kun?” Aya’s voice called wakening the red head emperor from his deep sleep. He sharply lifts his head from her head where it was laying on. There was something dripping from his face making Aya worry and asked. “Akashi-kun, why were you crying in your sleep?” Aya asked worriedly, reaching her hand which Seijuro avoided.

“It’s nothing…” it was still dark outside; around early morning. The rain finally stopped leaving a soaked forest. The air was still cold and the jacket covering them wasn’t enough. Seijuro was surprised that they were sharing the jacket he put on Aya before they drift off to sleep. He looked at Aya who looked down at the cloth and blushed. “I woke up minutes ago and find this on me and then saw you still sleeping so I decided to put it around you since you’re already keeping me warm…”

Seijuro realized he was still hugging her and removed his arms from her then gave back the jacket. “T-Thanks” he uttered, scooting away a bit. “What time is it?” he asked, glancing at the dark sky.

“I think it’s already early in the morning” Aya answered. “I wonder Juno-kun is…”

“Is that dog all you could think of?” Seijuro raised an eyebrow annoyed.