Adopt us?

Aya walked out of the doctor’s room after getting her check-up. Arate stood up as soon as the door open and already shot her questions out of his worry. “Aya-san! What did the doctor say?! Are you going to be alright?! Please tell me your memories are complete!”

Aya giggled at his worry and smiled at him. “You worry too much, Arate-kun” that smile of hers made him blush and look away.

“Just tell me already” he pouted and Aya put her hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I’m going to be alright” she assured as Arate smiled at her.

Arate’s POV

Man… today’s such a drag… Father asked me to go to meet with a family friend who I have no idea who they are. I don’t even know their name. I just know father’s friends with the two other heads of the family. Our business is about in arranging papers and other crap like birth certificates, files of persons, adoption papers and stuff…

Well, I have no interest in our family business.

The reason I have to meet with this “friend” is because the other family asked for files of two persons they are planning to adopt that are both orphans. Plus, they’re biologically related so it was easier for the workers to gather the information from the family who’s owned the orphanage these two stayed for a while before their aunt had to take them in.

The family I’m about to meet is the one who’ll be adopting them. They asked for the paper and all there’s left is for them to meet up with the siblings and sign the contract and viola, a new family for the two.

I groaned when our car stopped in front of the big mansion as I hopped out after the chauffeur opened the door for me and a maid led me inside the building. She let me sit at the living room as I patiently wait for the head to arrive. Curious, I peeked over to the folder covering the papers, wondering what were the names of the siblings were but it was too late since someone already arrived that I assume to be—“H-Head master” I stammered, standing up nervously at his presence.

“Ah, Arate son of Aragi” Gulp. He already knows my name so I assume father and him talk a lot. I nodded my head politely and bowed before introducing myself. “It’s nice to meet you, um… head master”

The man laughed softly. “Just call me Seiro” S-Seiro… his name sounds familiar.

“Hai! Seiro-san!” I bowed as he offered me to sit down on the couch.

“So, Arate-kun, did you bring the papers?” he asked me nicely.

“U-Un!” I stuttered and gave him the folder where the papers are compiled neatly. He took it out and smiles to himself then to me.

“Domo arigato, Arate-kun” he thanked me warmly and stood up. “I’m sorry but I won’t be here for long, I still have work to do so, I must leave you for now”

H-Hey…! I stood up too and bowed. “It’s was a pleasure to meet you, Seiro-san!” he gave me one last smile before leaving me.

And because of my clumsiness I manage to bump to him accidentally making him drop the files. Way to go Arate! I hurriedly picked it up and gave to him before apologizing embarrassingly. “I-I’m so sorry!!” I am so in big trouble!!! I lift my head peeking at his face expecting it to be angry but no—he was smiling?

“You really are alike your father, Aragi” he told me. I straightened up and blinked at him then my eyes landed on the papers he was holding.

Wait isn’t that—“I’ll see you, Arate” and with that, Seiro-san left.