Move On

“A-Akashi-kun!” Seijuro’s eyes that were focused on the waterfall in front of him, averted it’s gaze from it, to the purplenette’s figure approaching him. He was standing on a balcony that was provided for the beautiful view brought by the fall. Aya walked to him, with Juno running around her legs, causing her to almost trip, but good thing, she got hold on the railings. “J-Juno-kun! Stop playing around my feet! I almost fell!” Aya scolded the dog that never understood her and blushed when she saw Seijuro watching her with a blank face. “U-Um, A-Akashi-kun, I-I, I want to talk to you…”

The red emperor kept a blunt look, waiting for her to continue talking, but she was failing miserably due to her continues stuttering. “I-I just want to…” Aya took a deep breath and went straight to the point. “I want to ask the reason why you broke up with me. And why you’re so bipolar to me. One minute you’re cold, and then you’re caring. I don’t understand why you’re acting like this and I want to know the reason behind, so please…” the girl looked at him pleadingly. “Please tell me…”

A slow breeze flew pass them, hearing the leaves of trees sway and only the birds chirping. Juno was staring at the two quietly, with his tongue sticking out. Seijuro leaned his arms back at the balcony before replying to her questions. “I don’t have any reason. I just don’t want you to be with someone like me anymore…” Aya was startled at his answer and grew confused.

“W-What, W-What are you saying? I don’t understand…” she uttered, looking down at her hands sadly.

“Find someone else” Seijuro spoke as Aya shot a look at him. “Find someone else to love, forget about me. Stop loving me. It’s better that way”

“B-But… why?” Tears stung her violet eyes as she started to cry again. Seijuro heard her whimper and went to approach her then wiped the tears away. “I just don’t want to see you cry because of me. Don’t pull your dignity down; I’m not worth your tears. I’ve brought pain to you for a long time, and I think it’s time for you to be truly happy with someone else” he said, cupping her cheeks, leaning his forehead against hers. “Please, Yatsuba…find new love”

“A-Aka-kun” Aya held Seijuro’s hands, cupping her cheek, her eyes continuously extracting tears. “I-I can’t…”

“You can. There are many people out there who can truly love you more than I did, I believe you’d be able to open your heart to someone new” Seijuro’s encouragement made her cry even more. She collapsed in his arms as they both knelt on the ground, both of them, hugging each other. Juno barked walking nearer them and tug Aya’s sock with its mouth.

Aya continued to cry in his chest as he stared sadly at the ground and stood up with her. He wiped her tears away and picked up Juno, giving it to her. “Juno will help you, I trust him that he’d determine the right person for you” Aya looked at Juno sadly then at him. “Aka-kun, I don’t know if I can do it” she sniffed wiping her tears.

“You can, I know you can”

Aya pulled away from him and hugged Juno. The silence between them was interrupted when their friends called them from afar, causing them to make a distance between them.

“Oh Akashi-kun, Aya-chan, there you are! Stop disappearing off to places! You’re making us worry again! Kasumi scolded, putting her hands on her hips with a pout.

“Ah, gomene, Hono-chan, we were just talking” Aya reasoned making Daisuke and Arate sceptical and stare at them suspiciously.

“Oh, I see. Well then, let’s go buy souvenirs!” Kasumi had no slightest idea about the tension going on and grabbed Aya’s hand, dragging the poor girl with her to shop. Saburou and Arate followed behind while Daisuke stayed behind with Seijuro.