What happened last night?

NEXT NEXT DAY.

Arate’s POV  

I walked absentmindedly down the road I always take when I go to school. Normally I’d be eating my toast while running because I’m afraid I’m going to be late school. The reason behind it is because I always wake up late. But this morning, I unusually woke up around 4 in the morning. Is it because I can’t sleep after what happened two nights ago? And why Aya-san was absent yesterday?

.

.

.

After Daisuke-kun left us, I was left with Honoka-san who asked me to find Aya-chan and Katashi-san. And as if on cue, Katashi-san approached us with a question: “Honoka, Nobuyuki, have you guys seen Aya-chan or Akashi-kun?”

“Eh?” I and Honoka-san looked at each other then back at him. “No, why?” Honoka-san answered with a question. Katashi-san thought, worriedly. “I and Aya-chan’s looking for Akashi-kun since they arrived. We decided to look for him a few minutes ago and now, Aya-chan’s missing at well”

“E-Eh, Aya-san’s missing?!” I exclaimed starting to get worried about her. “Hmm, they found each other and did something naughty” Honoka-san assumed, then smiled mischievously. I blushed after she said that. A-Akashi-san and Aya-san d-doing something naughty?! I-I can’t even imagine!

“Stop thinking about stupid things you dirty minded blonde” Katashi-san grimaced at Honoka-san who glared at him. “W-Who are you calling dirty minded you perverted brunette?!” she retort, shoving her face in front of his.

“Whatever! Let’s just go and find Aya—Aya-chan?” he paused when he saw someone run pass us. I caught sight of Aya-san’s purple hair dashing through the crowd and I heard sobs. Is she crying?! “A-Aya-san!” her name came out of my mouth as the three of us chased after her.

But being an athlete, Aya-san’s speed was ridiculous. Even I can’t catch up with her! We stopped running as soon as we realize it was useless running after since we lost sight of her. We all had worried looks on our faces. We were worried about Aya-san.

“What on earth happened?” Honoka-san asked her fist on her chest.

.

.

.

Yeah, what on earth happened with Aya-san? Why was she crying? Did Akashi-san do something to make her cry? I snapped out of my daze when I bumped onto someone and apologize. “Oh, sorry for bumping you--” my eyes narrowed as soon as I saw who was in front of me.

“A-Aya-san!” I beamed. Usually she’d greet me an ‘ohayo’ and show one of the signature smiles she has. It’ll immediately brighten up my day and warm my insides. But now, Aya-san looks… gloomy… what happened last night?

“O-Oh, Nobuyuki-kun” she raised her down head at me. What? She’s calling me by my last name?

“Hey Aya-san, didn’t I tell you that you can call me ‘Arate-kun’ from now on?” I smiled at her hoping she’d do the same.

“Eto, if it’s okay, Nobuyuki-kun” she replied and proceeded walking. What? Aya-san’s… not her usual self today. I walk after her and tried to strike a conversation.

“Hey Aya-san, why were you absent yesterday? You didn’t call us after the party--”

“Uh” she stopped on her tracks, with her purple eyes narrowed and looked like she was about to cry. Her eyes softened and continued walking, as if shutting down the whole world from talking to her. She didn’t look at the people greeting her good morning or one of her admirers complimenting her.