She just needs friends right now

“It hurts…”

“Uh” Kuroko and Kagami’s heads shot at Aya after hearing her voice break. Her hands covered her face, hiding it from them and heard sobs escape her mouth. “It hurts…” she repeated and started to cry, falling on her knees.

The two Seirin players flinched seeing her breakdown and knelt beside her with Kuroko, holding her hand, removing it from her face. He brought her in his arms letting Aya cry on his chest while he soothingly rubbed her back. “Aya-chan…” he called her as Aya’s cries of pain stung his ears. He never liked seeing her weak and hearing her cries, it also breaks him.

“A-Aya…” Kagami stretched out a hand to her shoulder, don’t know what to do. It’s been 2 years since the last time he’d seen her cry. The time they bought Popsicle sticks returned to his head letting him remembers the first breakdown she had with him.

Kuroko continued to comfort her, still not knowing the reason behind her pain but he was sure it had something to do with Akashi Seijuro. He let her stand up; her face still buried in his chest but had already stopped crying.

“Aya-chan, let’s take you home first. You should rest” Kuroko decided as they walked her to her house; each of her hands joined with Kagami and Kuroko’s. She needed them right now. She needed comfort and someone she can lay upon when she’s down. A friend. A brother.

As they reached the empty house of Aya and used to be Seijuro’s; Aya led them inside turning off the lights as they entered only to be greeted by silence. After the party and their break up, Seijuro didn’t bother to return to their house to pack his things up. Aya just left his things in his room untouched and never thought of removing or giving it back to him.

“I’ll make tea for you” the purple head offered but Kuroko had grabbed her hand before she could leave.

“No, we’re fine. Tell us what happened” he said softly as she collapsed on the couch and the two sitting at each of her side.

She laid her head at the back rest of the soft sofa remembering the events that had happened. The night of their break up, the whole day she didn’t went to school crying several hours straight about it, forgetting to feed her own dog, and the next day where she was completely ignored by the guy she loved and only received a comment of discipline from him.

Tears stung her eyes remembering the pain, as Kagami wiped it for her. “Oi tell us already. You know I hate being clueless” he rushed her, frowning, not because she hasn’t told them yet, but he’s tired of seeing her in pain not knowing the cause.

Aya flinched trying to hold back her tears as Kuroko held her hand soothingly. “It’s okay Aya-chan; you can let it all out. We’re here for you”

Aya gave him a nod and tighten the grip of her hand to his then talked. “Aka-kun… Aka-kun broke up with me, two nights ago…” she revealed.

Kagami stiffened after hearing it as his fist curled. ‘Damn that Akashi…’

“Did he tell you the reason why?” Kuroko stayed calm and asked her a question. She shook her head in response and tears started to appear again.

“He didn’t tell me…” she said and her voice broke. “He didn’t even talk to me today when I went to school… I didn’t even see him until practice… and when I did he gave me the coldest glare I’d ever got from him… I don’t understand…”

She started to cry again and her hands covered her hands. “Why… why did Aka-kun break up with me? Did I do something wrong? Is there something wrong with me? Was there wrong with…”

“Aya-chan” “Aya” Kagami and Kuroko said at the same time with a serious tone as the phantom raised her head making her look at him. He stared in her pained purple eyes softly as he cupped her face.