Fieldtrip

“Oh, Aya-chan you’re almost late!” Kasumi exclaimed as soon as Aya arrived at their school where all 3rd year students are gathered at the field for their fieldtrip today. Aya reached up to her friends before panting continuously from the long run she did after waking up late. “I’m so sorry Hono-chan! I forgot to set my alarm clock today and woke up 20 minutes before assembly time! I had rushed here for in 5 minutes!” Aya gushed, putting her hand on her chest then sighed. “I’m glad I made it”

“Don’t worry, sensei just arrived to” Arate assured patting her back. He glanced at the Class A line where he saw Seijuro standing there quietly that made him remember what happened yesterday. After meeting Seiro, all he could think about those papers he had arranged for him; the purpose of spending all those paperwork. What would be the use of those?

“Eh!” Aya held her bag nervously and looked around, leaving her friends staring at her curiously. “What’s wrong, Aya-chan?” Saburou asked her. She flinched with an uneasy look and shook her head. “I-It’s nothing Tashi-kun! Don’t mind me!” she gushed hiding behind Arate with a sheepish smile and glance over to Seijuro whose buddy for the fieldtrip is, Daisuke. Fortunately, not Momoka.

“All right, everyone let’s gather round to get on the buses now!” their sensei announced as the students made their lines with their partners, respectively.

“Aya-san, you’re already partners with Arate-kun?!” Kasumi pouted, but felt slight happiness that means she has to be with Saburou.

“So that leaves us…” the two looked at each other, a blush hinting on Kasumi’s cheeks but Saburou only responded with a complain.

“Arate-kun let’s exchange buddies! I want to be with Aya-chan!!!” he complained childishly while holding onto Aya’s arm who gave him a weird look.

“Tashi-kun’s so weird…” she trailed off.

Honoka’s head had showed an irritated mark on it before kicking Saburou’s back. “Katashi you idiot!” she shouted angrily and walked off. “I’m fine without a buddy thank you very much!”

“T-Tashi-kun…”

“Katashi-san… (_ _”)”

Meanwhile, the four friends who were in front of the class B line were just behind a certain red head feared male of Rakuzan High. Seijuro Akashi stood there, hearing the scene happening to them while saying inside his head: ‘If Kasumi hadn’t kick his back, then I would’ve. I might even do worse than that’

As soon as all 3rd year students had gone on board in their designated vehicles, the buses drove to their destination which was the said Water fall in Aya’s dreams. The purplenette just stared at the window, staring at the blue sky blankly, while drifting off to her usual day dreaming. Her mind brought her back to the times she first met Taiga Kagami that led to the recollecting of her forgotten memories and the regained love she felt towards Seijuro. Events that had happened returned to her memory and there she reached the night Seijuro broke up with her. One of the most painful things she had experienced; one of her loved ones leaving her again. “A-Aka-kun…” because of her drowned in her thoughts, Aya didn’t realize that she had muttered Seijuro’s given nickname catching Arate’s attention.

“A-Aya-san…” Arate glanced at Aya who stared at the two butterflies flying together and landed on their bus window.

“C-Cho (butterfly)…” she suddenly blurted out of nowhere, poking the glass window that separated her finger from the butterflies that had flew away from the bus.

“Aya-san, are you okay?” Arate snapped her out of her thoughts as she glanced at him with an innocent look. “You seem pretty space out for a while. You even said Akashi’s name out of the blue…” he mentioned, his voice fading.