Chapter 49

"I don't understand why you can't just give me a ride there," I complained to Billy one Saturday as I clung on to the grimy handles of the city bus.

"Because," Billy sounded exasperated over the phone, "my car suddenly broke down on me. I already told you this, Stella."

"Right," I blew the hair out of my face and tried my best to breathe normally in between the two people that squash me on either side, "okay, so how do you expect to get to this new cafe then?"

"I'll take the bus! I might be a little late..."

I rolled my eyes in irritation as the person behind me nudged her elbow into my side, "Billy, this cafe better serve one heck of coffee for me to go all the way down south for it. This is rediculous. And you said Leah's supposed to come too, right? 'Cause she's not answering my calls."

"Don't worry about it," he replied, laidback... a little too laidback.

"Fine," I groaned, "and you're sure you gave me the right address?"

"Yeah, yeah. Stella, you've got to stop panicking. I'm heading over right now. I gave you the exact address and everything. Trust me, when you get there you'll ask me why I didn't tell you about this sooner."

"Right," I sounded skeptical of course. I flipped my phone shut and kept my limbs as close to myself as possible before the bus came to a rolling stop.

I squeezed my way off the city bus and it sped off.

"Burkston Ave," I muttered to myself, tracing my way through the streets looking for this supposedly wonderous cup of caffein, "aha! Here we are! 319 Burkston Ave!" I looked up, and to my dismay, stood an old abandoned workshop with the letters printed boldly across 'CONDEMNED'.

Well, that's appealing.

Great, so either Billy got the address completely wrong, or he thought it would be an amazing prank to waste my time. After all this grueling through the city, a cup of coffee actually sounded like the best idea right about now. I whipped my head around me and suddenly noticed I was alone. The humming and honking of cars could only be heard in the distance and asides from others going in and out of neighbouring shops, this old abandoned wreck was my only companion.

I decided to venture around for a bit before I called Billy. Maybe he did give me the wrong address. I turned swiftly and agile, but my total clumsiness made me crash carelessly into somebody much taller than I. My tote bag went flying from my grip and the contents spilled everywhere. 

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized automatically then bent to gather my belongings.

"No," the stranger replied, "it's my fault." He immediately came to my level and began gathering random items.

Looking up, my breath caught in my throat and my mouth hung open. My face must've turned countless shades of red before I stumbled backwards in complete shock. My reaction must've surprised him and he looked up as well. He was stunned. Then, an unearthly suspicion hovered in his expression.

"What are you doing here?"

I blinked, unable to speak, "I... uh."

Cameron DiMarco looked at me, his silver eyes still as breath taking as ever, and those stunning features, still as perfect and hypnotizing to the touch, as I remember.

"..Billy.. Billy told me to meet him here," I finally uttered.

He blinked, incomprehensive. Rapidly, he gathered up my items and shoved the bag towards me, "then I must have the wrong address, sorry."