Chapter 7

"Up n' at 'em boys!" someone belted from the doorway. He had a thick southern accent.

I moaned and pulled the blanket over my head, "just one more minute.."

In the distance, I could hear someone's alarm go off. I assumed it was Reese's since the alarm was of a young woman singing; who sounded very much like Miley Cyrus.

"Turn that crap off!" someone shouted and threw a pillow his way.

The whole dorm was still pretty much snoring.

"Alright, y'all asked for it!" he said and snickered.

I could hear someone squeel and another one yell profanities, but I was too lazy and tired to be curious at the moment. I figured I would just lay here in bed and doze off...

"AAHH!" I screamed, and everyone in the dorm jumped, some hitting their head on the top bunk.

I shivered and the man snickered, "well that's gotta be the girliest scream I've gotten out of any of you."

He held a bucket of ice cold water in his hands.

"Anybody else?" the man croaked as he itched his too-fake hair piece. Everyone in the dorm jumped up and began scuffling around the room. He chuckled, "I didn't think so. Now let me repeat the same thing I did to the other dorms. My name is Coach Henry. Now let this be a lesson to you, if you are not up by 7AM sharp, I will dump a bucket of ice cold water on your face, and you'll scream louder than a canary. Practice starts in half an hour! Get showered and do not be late... oh, and one more thing boys, welcome to camp Anderson." he chortled before retreating.

My ribs ached, courtesy of this rediculous corset Leah made me wear. Exhausted, I climbed down the ladder. I'm pretty sure he had ruined my wig. Thanks coach Henry.

I gasped as I was about to take the last step down to the floor. The boy underneath my bunk... one word: stunning.

He gazed at me as my jaw dropped. His ash brown hair was tosseled carelessly above him. His eyebrows were a slightly darker shade, yet still coherent. The contours of his face were angeled just perfectly. But the most shocking part? His electric silver eyes. It was as if they held this power that sent a jolt through me, able to speed up the pace in my veins by a thousand beats. I was sure my face turned bright red.

"What are you looking at?" he asked, his voice as deep and sweet as honey, "is there something on my face?"

My mouth still hung open as I gawked at him, "humuh-na humuh-na.." I studdered in gibberish but still managed to shake my head.

"Then what's your problem?!" he shouted as he threw his pillow at me. I stumbeled off the ladder and Billy rushed towards me, grabbing me by the hand and pulling me out the door.

"What on Earth was that?!" He half yelled, half whispered.

I managed to shut my mouth, "he's so hot!"

Billy smacked a hand to his forhead, "you've gotta be kidding me. Stella, you can't just stare at people! You're gonna get ambushed!"

"But Billy, did you not see him? He's gorgeous! It's like he popped out of a magazine or something!"

"Focus, Stella, focus! Remember, you're now a member of the male species. So behave like one!" he scolded.

I drew in a breath. He was right. I'd have to ignore the hunk under my bed and focus on football. But wait...

"How am I supposed to shower this morning?" I asked.

He looked me up and down and chuckled, "looks like the coach already helped you out with that one."

I frowned and itched my wet wig.

"Here," Billy tossed me a can of body spray, "us guys call it: Instant-shower-in-a-can. Works like a charm."

"Ew!"

Billy shrugged and went back in the dorm, I followed. But my breath caught in my throat and my eyes widened. What was this? Shirtless city? I blushed profusely and hurried to Billy's bottom bunk.

"Calm down," Billy whispered, completely understanding my predicament, "it'll all be over soon. Just close your eyes and count to a hundred or something."

I nodded and stole a peek at the boy underneath my bunk, "I could get used to this."

Billy rolled his eyes.

My stomach felt queezy and I grabbed on to my torso. Oh no, please.. this is not the time! I sucked in a deep breath and tried to ignore the pain. I think I have some medicine in my bag somewhere...

"I'm hungry, Billy," I said, biting down on my lip.

Someone shoved me from behind, almost knocking me down. But I steadied myself before doing a face plant on Billy's bunk.

"Aw, poor little boy," someone said behind me, "you hungry? Well why don't you keep your mouth shut before I feed you a knuckle sandwich!"

I gasped and turned to face him. He was big. He had to be the defensive tackle. He had dark greasy hair.

I growled, unaware of what I was about to say. I guess it was the PMS talking.

"Yea? Well why don't you shut your yap and throw on a shirt? No one wants to see your flab!"

The whole dorm cracked out laughing and the big guy turned to me. I was shocked. Did I really just say that? I turned to Billy. His jaw was hung open and he gave me the 'run-for-your-life' look. I swallowed and inched towards the door.

The big guy cracked his knuckles and before I could escape, he scooped me up in his arm and trudged outside. I screamed. At this point, I did not care how "manly" or "unmanly" I was acting. I was terrified.

"AAHH!"

I could hear some guys running from behind us, laughing their heads off and whooping.

"Put me down! Put me down!" I demanded and kicked my legs.

He pushed the door of the restroom open and all I could smell was a ghastly odour. Without hesitation, he swung open the door of the last stall.

"No, no!" I shouted, "not the toilet! Please don't--"

And before I knew it, my head had become victim to the toilet bowl.