Chapter 11

"Wake up, boys!" someone belted from the doorway, "I ain't yo mamas! Don't make me get my bucket of ice water, now!"

Again, that same Miley Cyrus alarm clock rang, and this time, I heard Reese screaming instead of a pillow being thrown at him.

I yawned but stayed in bed, my dark locks were sprawled endlessly across my pillow. But I thought nothing of it.

Today was game day, yesterday Cameron had taught me more about tackling and strengthening my stance, except this time, he actually tackled me. So I was completely sore from head to toe.

I heard feet scuffling across the floor. I figured I'd wait for them all to get in the shower.. just to shield my eyes from the unknown again.

My eyes cracked open and I curled my finger around my dark curly hair.

... wait a minute..

I shot my head up and gasped, then rapidly threw my cover over my head. The wig had fallen, splat on the ground next to Cameron's bunk.

"What on Earth is tha-" Byron Bosniac shot the thing a look and I jumped off the bunk. Landing in a thump, but still maintaining my stance.

I swiped the wig off the ground and sped out the dorm, with my cover still around my head.

Sighing a breath of relief, I marched back in.

"Hey, twirp!" someone called

Byron stood next to me, a towel slung around his neck, "what are you up to, maggot?"

I sneered, "not your business, man."

"Yea? well what was that on the floor?" he pressed on.

My breath caught in my throat. Billy was still hapilly snoring.

"It was just-"

"What in the world is this?" Cameron stood, shaking a small container of pills.

My eyes widened, it must've fallen from my bunk to his! I ran towards him, reaching for the bottle. He raised his hand, squinting to read it.

"Cramp-be-gone... for that special time of the month," he stopped, then shot me a deranged look.

The whole dorm fell quite, only Billy's snoring could be heard.

"What the..." a guy, named Jason Brent, said from across the room.

I could feel their piercing gazes boring through me like red lasers.

I gulped, think Stella, think for an excuse!

I cleared my throat, "how..how..how did that get in there?"

"That's what we'd like to know..." one, named Kyle Brawn commented, his arms folded

"You know, ehh, I borrowed that duffle bag from my sister.. so I guess I didn't completely clean it out before using it.." I felt like shrinking to a grain of sand. Well I did borrow the bag from Cassidy. Let's just hope they wouldn't go searching through it.

Cameron still shot me a frenzied look, as if I were a complete stranger.

I gulped and said the first thing that popped into my head, "what? You think I'd take those?"

The room was dead silent, Billy must've woken up.

I swallowed and continued, "even if I did... it helps with bloating. You know.. I'm a heavy sleep waffer. If you know what I mean by waffer.. so if you guys don't want the dorm smelling like a skunk, then I suggest you leave those pills to me."

The dorm was still dead silent and Cameron frowned. Then slowly, his frown turned into a grin, then he burst out laughing, "you.." he heaved as he laughed uncontrollably, "are the weirdest kid I've ever... met!"

The whole dorm broke out laughing and I sighed a breath of relief.

Great.

I'd earned the reputation of the camp farter.

"Oh man," Byron rolled his eyes and shoved me aside, "what a joke you are, kid. Glad you're not my bunk mate."

I nodded, and let them laugh.

"I wonder what else is in there," Jason announced as he pulled out my bag from underneath the bunk.

"NO!" I shouted and pushed him away. I sprinted out of the room with the bag.

Goodness gracious... what excuse could I give for having other lady stuff in there? I shuddered at the thought.

On the bus, I plopped down beside Billy. The yellow school bus followed two other busses in front, filled with players from other dorms. Off to Camp Coraline we were to face the Jets.

"What was that about this morning?" Billy asked.

I blushed profusely, "you don't wanna know."

The bleachers were full with parents, friends, and other supporters cheering and snapping photos.

Shamefully, I took my position at the drink table alongside Reese, the well acclaimed bench warmer.

The Anderson Wolves won the game, 25 to nothing.