Together

Lindsey dashed into the hospital room and Christine stood up at the sight of him. Stevie was asleep and Lindsey smiled at her but quickly frowned.

"I missed it, didn't I?" He said, sadness in his voice.

Christine shook her head. "She got a little something for the pain. She tried to hold out. Her water hasn't broken yet but the contractions were right on top of each other. Poor thing but at least she's sleeping now"

"Are they keeping her?"

"Oh, the baby is definitely coming so she's staying until she makes her debut."

"Okay, good. Leo?"

"Asleep with John in the waiting room."

"Alright."

"Are you okay?" She asks. "You seem out of it"

"I've had a crazy night"

"I bet you have. I'll let you have time with her. She will be so happy to see you. The little thing was actually relieved the baby was being stubborn. She would have been devastated if you missed this"

"Thank you for bringing her. I'm kicking myself for not being here. I just knew something was going on. I tried to get here but..."

"Shhhh. Spend some alone time with your wife."

"Thanks Chris, for everything"

"Anything for such good friends. I'm going to go steal my nephew back from the ex"

"Good luck" Lindsey says as she leaves, taking the spot Christine once occupied at her bedside. He pushed her bangs back from her forehead and kissed her oh so softly. She sensation made her stir and he almost regret doing it. She adjusted on the bed, tossing her head back and forth until she finally opened her eyes, blinking in the light. A warm smile spread across her face. She was so beautiful, bare of makeup.

"Hello" she says, her voice hoarse.

"Hello"

"You made it, Linds"

"I sure did. How are you holding up?"

"I'm great, now that you're here."

"If you're tired, you should try to sleep while you can. You'll be doing a lot of hard work soon."

"No, I'm fine"

"I didn't mean to wake you"

"I know but I'm glad you did" She lifts his hand to her lips and kisses his knuckles. "Did you have fun?"

"Not really. Mick was fun for the most part but I kept thinking something was up. We had a couple beers and I couldn't keep my mind away from you. I called a cab but the tire blew and I was waiting forever so I walked up to this person's house and met a really nice older couple. They were fans, can you believe it? The husband, Bob drove me up here to see you"

"Wow, that's quite the story!"

"It was something, that's for sure." Lindsey agreed.

Suddenly Stevie could feel her contractions again and it caught her off guard. "Fuck..." she whispered, rubbing her side.

"I'm so sorry I'm putting you through this again" Lindsey said, kissing her forehead again.

"It will be over soon, right? That's what you told me last time."

"That's true. It's all worth it. Our little girl will be here in no time. Chris said you've been doing an amazing job. You're so strong, Stevie"

"Thank you" she said, tears falling down her face. "Will you talk to me? Take my mind off it?" She was breathing through another contraction and it was hard for him to watch her in so much pain.